new build started

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sold the 850 xp that i built with some help from my buddy ken.the mud machine build was posted here last year.so i bought a 2012 1000xt outlander,the 2 inch lift,lox rims and rad kit have been shipped from rdc,the bike is now at get torqued.kevin and his staff will be doing the install of mods and all the motor work and dyno tunning.snorkels will be custom made along with custom duel exhaust,new power commander 5,and a little head work,will post up pictures as we move along.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Kev tells you the exhaust is "a bit loud'....be afraid! LOL. The ol lady was walking the dog today and she said she heard me over 5 miles away!

You gonna try crushed Zillas again?

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Kev tells you the exhaust is "a bit loud'....be afraid! LOL. The ol lady was walking the dog today and she said she heard me over 5 miles away!You gonna try crushed Zillas again?
Yes going with the Zillas on the same crush lox that we're on the 850, they arenot the best for going fast but work great in the mud.i raced in rimby last year beating all but one can am that had a turbo,they had more hp than me and I still beat them,I think tires and rims were my advantage.so should really rock on my new bike with around 40 hp more.my 850 Dyno was 41 hp and 51 when on the nos.kevin thinks we should be between 82 -85 hp with new bike.that a big difference and we are setting it all up for low end grunt.should be fun

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, your going to like the new beast, thats forsure! Kevin's a great guy.. i have known him since he worked out of his garage a year and a half before he opened get torqued with Quinn.. Yves is a great guy too! Hope to see you at the battenfelder rodeo, this year! If your not fimilair with it ask Kev about it.. next rodeo is end of may. Kevin has done wonders to my 800. im pushing 65.39 rwhp (no nos) and its tuned to a T now.. took a while but good tuning takes more and more refinement..

To show you how good kevin can tune a bike, here is a vid from few weeks ago showing some of us doing some dragin.. at the 4:45 mark i line up with a 1000 xt and we race away from the camera.. it all depended who got the better start/traction on the runs.. the 1000 is completely stock except for a HMF slip-on.... you notice as we leave, my bike stumbles a bit and the 1000 kinda creeps ahead but i catch it very quick and that race ended in a dead tie, seriously it was a tie, only a light beam could have caught who really won!

At about the 5:50 mark we race back to the camera and here it was a good start. i got great traction and if you stop the vid at the right time at the end, you can see i have the 1000 beat by a generous 2 quad lenghts, which is huge in the drag race world.. those two lenghts would take a bit to make up.. i also have no speed limiter or rev limiter so my top end, if we to go further is 141km/hr.

Once you get yours back you will be happy..everytime you now get on a stock one, you will be bored! LOL! the performance you get out of these 800's and 1000's will put a permanent smile on your face...

My favorite saying is, " Everytime i mount HER, she puts a smile on my FACE! HaHa!

Cheers, Mark.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks mark,and i agree the goys at gt are great,i had my rims and tires come in today.so went over and dropped them off with in 10 mins.kevin had the bike rolled out as it is in pieces right now had in jacked up and the tires were installed,they look great there will be a little trimming needed but getting 13 inches clearance in the front and 14 in the back,lots of room underneath.......then then conversation changes,ha ha ha...kevin says well we are sending out the heads,were going to powder coat this and that,these guys have an eye for detail and power i am so happy i choose get torqued....thanks guys

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy can ride !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom