New ATV what tires??

Schwank

Reaction score
Hello all. Buying my first atv next week a Honda TRX500FG and am looking for a good set of tires. Most of my riding is 75% mud/swamp/trail with about 25% of it on dirt roads. I'm looking for a tire that can rip trough the dirty stuff really well but also provide a decent ride on the roads. I'd like to stick with the stock 25" size and i'm not looking to spend more then $100 per tire without rim. Thanks for the help.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just runnin stock tires but alot of people seem to have the ITP Mudlite XL's and seem to like them.I hear the XTR's(the Mudlite radial)a great tire but will cost you a bit more.

Schwank

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I've been looking at a set of swamp lites and mudzillas but was thinking that they would ride pretty rough on the dirt roads. Anyone had experience with either?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most guys I ride with that have swamp lites say they ride fairly smooth on the roads. Mudzillas are rough at lower speeds but smooth out when faster. Another good allround tire that is smooth on the roads and is great in the mud is new maxxis Zillas.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to look at one of our site sponsors "SuperGrip" They have the superlites and Mud Bitches.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
superlites would be fine on a honda but dont use the bitches unless your modding it out. as well supergrip tires measure taller than they list. a 27" is a 28" etc... but give rej a call he is a great guy and will help any way he can.

Qub3d

Reaction score
I have stock size swamp lites and find them fine on dirt roads. They are great in the mud/swamp etc.. the only regret that I have is not going to a size bigger when I purchased them. Next round I'll be going to the 26 or 27's.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mud bugs on my 420 and love them I would say mudzillas would hurt performce as they are big tires,bugs work awsome in muskeg and swamps

BlackKQ

Reaction score
I have 26" Swamplites on my Kingquad750 + know two friends who have them on KQ700's - they ride very well on dirt roads, grip well on most anything and leave a very cool tire trail ....

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)ITP Mud Lites XL... Spent $400.00 on 26" brand new, 12" wide rear and 10" front. and so far so good. They run smooth on the hard packed and seem to be decent in the muskeg and muddy crud. I really like them in the snow. :)

Probably the best value for the average joe... Like me

Attachments

• 2008_09132008-Feb-Sept0162.jpg
    2008_09132008-Feb-Sept0162.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 67

mudbug

Reaction score
If your looking for a good price on tires don't go throught a dealership. Go to caster land in south Edmonton Address is 4146-99st or phone780-432-5575 they have the best prices and can get what ever you want, I have had bear claws and mud bugs and was veary happy with the ride and duribility, If not go with the ITP. by the way they also sell rims good prices.

Good luck and ride safe

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was out riding today.3 Grizzlys .2 with mudlites and one with swamplites and the swamplites seemed not to pack with mud as much.They seem to clean better than the mudlites do.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super grip Lites or the smaller mud bitches i had mud lites and went to the Mud Bitches and after riding with the mud bitches i would not ever go back to the mud lites ever. Just my 2 cents

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 61

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super grip Lites or the smaller mud bitches i had mud lites and went to the Mud Bitches and after riding with the mud bitches i would not ever go back to the mud lites ever. Just my 2 cents
Be honest, you just like saying "mud bitches" don't you?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:sadbanana:
I was out riding today.3 Grizzlys .2 with mudlites and one with swamplites and the swamplites seemed not to pack with mud as much.They seem to clean better than the mudlites do.

Where were you riding? What type of mud? Tires seem to perform better or worse in different types of mud or muskeg? One day one brand performs better then the next? Next ride the opposite? :) I'm kind of referring to this time of year when everything is frozen one day and soft the next.

Top Bottom