New ATV what tires??

SweetBrian

Reaction score
26" Maxxis bighorn 2.0
I gone through 3 set of after market tires on my 07 brute and I finely will say that I wont buy another tire.
I've had:
25" Mudlites {garbage}
25" GBC Dirt Devil 2{awesome hookup}
25" Hole Shot ATRs {awesome trail tire}

if you get anything radial, you wont be disappointed..

how well do the gbc dirt devils work

farmboy020

Reaction score
to add to my last message rihgt before this one. I found a set of maxxis big horn 2.0 radials. I was wondering how good they are and what the tread depth was. Any other info on tha maxxis zillas from my previous message would be great to. Thanks guys

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at a set of maxxis zillas wat do you think of them. thanks

The Zillas are great. Extremely light so hardly anything for power loss. I have run mine around 400KM now on hard packed, mud, gravel, a bit of pavement and you can't even tell there not new. Work excellent in mud and snow and run smooth on hard trails, had them at Brule once and they are good in sand as well. Not the greatest at high speeds but not many mud style tires are.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i got a set of 26" zillas on my quad. there really good and light. also work awsome in the snow. On gravle they throw a lot of rocks though, probably like any other mud tire. looking at the "super grip" brand tires, i noticed the mud bitches and mudzillas look similar, as well as the super light and mud light tires. anyone know how they compare during use?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)ITP Mud Lites XL... Spent $400.00 on 26" brand new, 12" wide rear and 10" front. and so far so good. They run smooth on the hard packed and seem to be decent in the muskeg and muddy crud. I really like them in the snow. :)

Probably the best value for the average joe... Like me

The Mud Lite XL tire has a very soft rubber compound that will wear out fast. Yes they are light,reasonably priced, and look pretty good, but they also have a weak sidewall and have been known to be prone to many punctures!! You may save some $$$$ now, but after flats & fast wear, you may pay later.
One decent tire you may consider would be the Maxxis Zilla, they are great all around tire and lightweight. Or if you want a tire that will last almost forever and be great in all conditions think of the Maxxis Bighorn. If you want to stay with ITP spend the extra $$$$$$ and get the XTR or the Terracross R/D XD.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
to add to my last message rihgt before this one. I found a set of maxxis big horn 2.0 radials. I was wondering how good they are and what the tread depth was. Any other info on tha maxxis zillas from my previous message would be great to. Thanks guys

Under an inch lug, 26" when standing pumped up to 5, and seem to be an all around good trail tire. not very aggressive for mud chewin but will work.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run 26" mud bitches and am very happy with them. chew really good in the mud and not rough on the road. 1-1/2" lugs.

mudmonkey

Reaction score
My budy and I purchased some mudlite XTRs and we find them very good on the trail and very good in the mud. All-in-all the mudlites seem to be a very good all around tire. The XTrs cost us around $504.00 for the whole set. Another thing you have to watch out for when you are purchasing new tires are; the dealer may try and sell you a spacer kit and the price may vary according to the type of machine you ride. We got away with mounting a few washers on each wheel stud, it could save you more than $100.00. and you will get the same results.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I have an 05 Honda Rubicon with no engine mods. Just got a set of Highlifter Outlaw MST's. Had them out and absolutely love them. Did really well in the snow and ride smooth on the trail... haven't had much experience in the mud, but have heard great reviews. I went with 26's and there wasn't much for loss of power on the low end. Overall extremely pleased with these tires... now I just gotta find some mud :d

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id maybe check out the pirelli's they are pretty aggresive but still nice to ride on the trails when your not playin in the mud

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for all around performance in the mud and on the trail i would go with the ITP mud lights they make a big difference in how far you will go in the mud, and make only slight differences in your trail and road riding.

Top Bottom