New 850 vs old antique T3

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to ride the new 850 and compare it to my T3 . Yes it had some good things but it does show just how good the (old) T3s are.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could whip it around a bit easier in some conditions . That is my point , I don't think it really was that much better. Still going to rip on the T3 for a couple more years.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem I have with the T3 is the track going up an icy trail. All mine the lugs have folded back and have a permanent curl so they don't bite into the ice anymore. I am thinking about turning the track around. Anyone ever do this

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Haven't done it on t3 but I have on a 162 king cat attack track back in the day. It did the folder over thing also. I switch it around for spring and it worked well for spring riding. Braking downhill wasn't as good.
IMO yes it works but it wasn't worth the hassle to switch it back for deep snow in winter.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i though the same thing after i rode one for a day.... it was no big change...... then i took one for a whole weekend with clear skies and it spanked my XM on everything. I could do things with the G4 i would never do with my xm. Made me a more confident rider no question about it.

I thought i would wait after my first ride to buy a new one..... now i cant help but have to snowcheck even though im not impressed with the spring fever options and sled price with shot.
I know that shot will be part of spring fever next year......fml. goodbye $750 bucks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are fawkin funny. G4 destroys the T3 everywhere, just not everyone rides them that hard. For many the T3 is enough sled for them but if you've taken your skill level past that chassis the G4 will allow you to progress further.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are fawkin funny. G4 destroys the T3 everywhere, just not everyone rides them that hard. For many the T3 is enough sled for them but if you've taken your skill level past that chassis the G4 will allow you to progress further.

Some of us pansies don't even outride our 5 year old XP :confused:

I sure like watching the really skilled riders tho!!!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's true but the t3 is an evolved sled that is not in the shop and the only people that attest to it being reliable are the people you describe as not riding hard.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's true but the t3 is an evolved sled that is not in the shop and the only people that attest to it being reliable are the people you describe as not riding hard.

The harder you ride anything the less reliable it's going to be but the T3 is tops in reliability as far as I am concerned.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but if you've taken your skill level past that chassis the G4 will allow you to progress further.
This is the point of your skill level where the g4 will hold you back and hinder you. On the steep inclines the sled is a wheelie monster and you are borderline out of control. It is seriously a safety issue if you are a rider that rides scary terrain on a regular basis. On the big stuff, g4 is useless.
Watch some vids where the rider is all pumped and cheering himself on but then has to turn out cuz his skis are 4 ft in the air and will flip over backwards on the steep. How many pics have you seen where a g4 is stuck and the sled is pointing straight up to sky? Yea, most of stuck pics are like this. This is not normal. Yea, people think its cool to wheelie but it really isn't. It's like buying the latest, greatest most hyped drag race car and smoking the tires all the way up to half track. Does it look cool? Yep. It is performing the way a drag car is supposed to? No.
Same deal with g4. Buncha guys doing wheelies thinking its the best sled ever when in reality, it's really not.
8 out of 10 sleds on the mountain are Doos. Heck, I own a couple. Just cuz Brp and the salesman tell you its the best, doesnt mean it is.
I am prepared to receive the onslaught of insults and denial. Doolaide is a helluva drug. I am considering taking a 12 step Doo recovery program myself.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is point of your skill level where the g4 will hold you back and hinder you. On the steep inclines the sled is a wheelie monster and you are borderline out of control. It is seriously a safety issue if you are a rider that rides scary terrain on a regular basis. On the big stuff, g4 is useless.
Watch some vids where the rider is all pumped and cheering himself on but then has to turn out cuz his skis are 4 ft in the air and will flip over backwards on the steep. How many pics have you seen where a g4 is stuck and the sled is pointing straight up to sky? Yea, most of stuck pics are like this. This is not normal. Yea, people think its cool to wheelie but it really isn't. It's like buying the latest, greatest most hyped drag race car and smoking the tires halfway up the track. Does it look cool? Yep. It is performing the way a drag car is supposed to? No.
Same deal with g4. Buncha guys doing wheelies thinking its the best sled ever when in reality, it's really not.
8 out of 10 sleds on the mountain are Doos. Heck, I own a couple. Just cuz Brp and the salesman tell you its the best, doesnt mean it is.
I am prepared to receive the onslaught of insults and denial. Doolaide is a helluva drug. I am considering taking a 12 step Doo recovery program myself.

Not arguing with you. The G4 needs help but throw a baker rear arm in it or ARC setup and it will do more than a T3 with the same mods. XM chassis too bloated where the G4 is more knifelike. The XM and Proclimb were too fat through the panels and front of the boards, the G4 and 18 cat address that and it makes a big difference.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is point of your skill level where the g4 will hold you back and hinder you. On the steep inclines the sled is a wheelie monster and you are borderline out of control. It is seriously a safety issue if you are a rider that rides scary terrain on a regular basis. On the big stuff, g4 is useless.
Watch some vids where the rider is all pumped and cheering himself on but then has to turn out cuz his skis are 4 ft in the air and will flip over backwards on the steep. How many pics have you seen where a g4 is stuck and the sled is pointing straight up to sky? Yea, most of stuck pics are like this. This is not normal. Yea, people think its cool to wheelie but it really isn't. It's like buying the latest, greatest most hyped drag race car and smoking the tires halfway up the track. Does it look cool? Yep. It is performing the way a drag car is supposed to? No.

I'm not going to disagree with you at all. I haven't even had my G4 west yet. By the sounds of it I should've bought an engagement ring for it cause I'm married to it. But the doo crew doesn't seem to be saying too much these days. With the exceptions of the 3. We all know who they are. Mostly people with no dog in the fight. Although I will admit there are legitimate problems. I wonder if the Yamaha guys even bring their wives to the key parties? Lot of dick sucking in the yammie thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for no flaming guys. I should add that for some the g4 will definately help propel riders to a new level as it is quite nimble in the simpler terrain. Much better than the t3 in that type of terrain hands down.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess there is a few of us that don't see love there.. There needs to be more side by side comparisons, it always make for good discussion latter

you would think for the ten more hp, lighter and more efficient primary, lighter track and bigger pitch, over all lighter sled, and much bigger $$, this new G4 would be a no question better on the hill.. But yet threads of this appear frequently

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ridden both. G4 definitely much more nimble. really fun! But, how many people on here can ride better than an XM can deliver? Not many.

Top Bottom