New 6.7L Cummins power rating.

big d16

Reaction score
I believe him my dad the summer of 09 bought a 09 2500 duramax loaded leather the works without nav for 48k but right now with the motor and frame u probably are not getting one for under 58k or so.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, I have to call BS on a "full load" for $48,000. Won't believe it until you can prove it with the window sticker that shows all your options along with the bill of sale. Secondly, my '07 6.7/68RFE has 180,000 km on it with the original tranny. I'm running a 5" TBE, S&B CAI, and H&S Mini Maxx (usually on the 120hp setting) and have had no tranny issues. Others have, I know, but mine's been awesome. I work this truck daily out in the oilpatch in the mud and snow as well as towing my travel trailer, hauling quads, pulling sled trailers, etc, etc. All in all, it's been a great truck.

maybe you guys should buy your trucks when they have dealer programs and incentives you can really save yourself some serious coin prime example my full load dmax $48,000 and as soon as it comes back from the tire shop I will post my bill of sale. thats awesome that you are having good luck on your tranny but just from talking to people here and on other diesel forums that the cummins ttranny is a definite weak link wich is to bad cause the truck is truly a great truck

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK OK here is the key to buying a truck for under $50,000 this is you other guys dont get raped it's called buy the truck when they have rebatesOH MY GOD really you would never ever think to buy a truck when they have a rebate that would be something a smart person would do cause hey he is saving money off the sticker price and big $$$$$ at that my truck had a $10,500 rebate plus 0% finnancing for 72 months maybe thats how i buy a full load dmax in 2010 for under $50,000 yes the new ones are out and are pricey but like I just said wich person rushes out and buys the first one not this guy i wait a few months then buy one when they have the rebates on them seems to save me a whole ton of $$$$ compared to you other guys rushing out and snapping them up hahahahaahahaha now i have more $ to use for sled trips,moddifying my truck and sled, buying sled decks sounds way funner than rushing out and spending $80,000 on a new truck SUCKERS!!!!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice...Everyone who pays more for their truck then you is a Sucker? This coming from a guy who's family owns the dealership...Maybe thats why you get such a good deal?? Would be to bad if everyone who bought a vehicle from your dealership and paid to much being "suckers" just decided to never come back...That would be too bad to see your dealership tits up making you the Sucker....loser.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we still do tons of business just saying search around before rushing out and buying something for full retail this is coming from someone who owns a dealership. my customers love me because I tell them of the rebates that are going on when they will be coming so they dont have to go out and pay full pop for there trucks I know how expensive the new ones are and coming from someone who owns a shop it kind of sickens me!. so really the customers thank me for saving them thousands of dollars. But i will also be the first to appologize for getting this thread off track I like to stir the pot and well it works quite well on here but I myself love cummins yes I own a chev and nissan dealership but I will admit to loving the cummins motor they are solid as can be and very reliable so they may not make the big power but they keep that power for a long time If I didnt own a chev dealership i would definately have an older 5.9 for a nice little play truck that is forsure. And yes my employee pricing is whatever the truck says for sticker price minus the rebate or promotion that they have on at the time I dont do that $500-$1000 over cost for myself just my employees. My appologizes for getting off topic

Last edited:

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH Great...Jared is over here now preaching about his SUPER CHEVY that he got for almost free....:rant:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on my 4th 68RFE! stocker went at 40000km, first NADP lasted 3000km, second NADP last 18000KM, now im on my 4th NADP tranny. Hope they worked the bugs out.

I also heard rumor dodge is working on a 8spd auto to replace the 68RFE

There is half the reason right there they are NADP tranny's. Enuf said I WILL NOT say any more. About as reliable as their mechanical work too

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
OK OK here is the key to buying a truck for under $50,000 this is you other guys dont get raped it's called buy the truck when they have rebatesOH MY GOD really you would never ever think to buy a truck when they have a rebate that would be something a smart person would do cause hey he is saving money off the sticker price and big $$$$$ at that my truck had a $10,500 rebate plus 0% finnancing for 72 months maybe thats how i buy a full load dmax in 2010 for under $50,000 yes the new ones are out and are pricey but like I just said wich person rushes out and buys the first one not this guy i wait a few months then buy one when they have the rebates on them seems to save me a whole ton of $$$$ compared to you other guys rushing out and snapping them up hahahahaahahaha now i have more $ to use for sled trips,moddifying my truck and sled, buying sled decks sounds way funner than rushing out and spending $80,000 on a new truck SUCKERS!!!!

Thats gotta be a record for longest sentence on S&M to date.

Chev front ends are garbage, Marathons are way better than Full Lotus, and etec's are hard on gas and oil.:smiliestirthepot:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as sticker prices go, when I was looking for a new 3500 the ford was the most expensive and the dodge was the cheapest fully loaded. I was extreamly disapointed in the chev cheapness in the assesorys for 69000 not even nav. Dodge was the best bang fot the buck, I could get everything i wanted nav and surround sound for under 70000 sticker price and the same price as the chev if I wanted the dvd player in the dodge. I dont know what the prices are now with the incentives but this is what i seen last fall when I looked at all of them.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people actually pay sticker price or what the dealer offers? If you can't get $5-10k off sticker price you are a sucker. You could buy a dodge fully loaded before for $50k OTD, not sure about the 2010 or 2011's though, but they won't be more then low 50's.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is half the reason right there they are NADP tranny's. Enuf said I WILL NOT say any more. About as reliable as their mechanical work too

Can't believe it took so long to point out the obvious. The fact that they are still in business baffles me.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do people actually pay sticker price or what the dealer offers? If you can't get $5-10k off sticker price you are a sucker. You could buy a dodge fully loaded before for $50k OTD, not sure about the 2010 or 2011's though, but they won't be more then low 50's.
I hope not!!
My point was about the sticker prices on every brand of truck, what a person pays in the end depends on who you know, and how good your at negotiating a price, and various other reasons for getting a smoking deal on a new truck. Like I said earlier as far as the dodge 2010 model, The dodge was the cheapest when looking at sticker prices last fall. Now we'll have to see what the 2011 is going to cost.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it, there is a different torque converter in the 2011 to handle the extra TQ.

Thats only if you got the auto. If its got the hand-operated-multi-ratio cog-swapper I'm pretty sure they just get the same clutch they had in the 2010.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NADP does not build the trannies. They are a NAPC tranny which uses all Suncoast parts which is one of the best after market diesel transmission builders in the world. Say what you want about NADP but I'll tell you this everytime I have had to deal with them about my problem they have been stand up. I have no complaints!!

Top Bottom