New 6.7L Cummins power rating.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my 6.7 dodge and bought 2011 ford. Now that's a truck with some power. Rogers pass uphill in 8" snow and passing rigs with 5 sleds in a 30 ' trailer. My 6.7 with a smarty box and every delete possible didn't even compare Had to pass on flats or downhills. I hope dodge steps it up also. Way under powered compared to the chev/ford

Should of had a stick and 4:10 rear end, even though they are downgraded with power a bit, they will outpull the auto all day long and easily the ford. The garbage auto is the problem.

05Cummins

Reaction score
So they are going to add power without actually fixing the trans so you can aactually put the power to the ground.

There are why to many 68RFE trannys that fail at stock power levels and just adding a slightly upgraded single disk tq converter isnt going to fix the issue.

I own a few dodge trucks and dont get me wrong i love to cummins but Dodge needs to pull there head out of there you know what and offer a trans you dont have to worrie about.

But I have yet to see a Ford motor since the early 7.3s I would trust my but to way up north on the winter roads example the 6.0

The Duramax good motor decent trans to bad the truck they put it in is for city boys did my front and every 18 thousand KMs with that POS IFS front end

I wish they would put a cummins in a ford chassis with a chevy inside already.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05Cummins, where exactly are you seeing all these 68RFE trannies failing ? I've got an '07 with 180,000 km on it running the Mini Maxx, 5" TBE, and S&B CAI. I do my tranny services every 30,000 - 40,000 km and the oil looks as good at service time as when it was new. I pull a 28 foot travel trailer all summer with the Mini Maxx on the 120 hp setting and work my truck fairly hard in the oilpatch through alot of mud and snow. My tranny works just as well as it did when the truck was brand new. It makes me wonder what some guys are actually doing to abuse their trucks and whether or not they're keeping up on maintenance.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05Cummins, where exactly are you seeing all these 68RFE trannies failing ? I've got an '07 with 180,000 km on it running the Mini Maxx, 5" TBE, and S&B CAI. I do my tranny services every 30,000 - 40,000 km and the oil looks as good at service time as when it was new. I pull a 28 foot travel trailer all summer with the Mini Maxx on the 120 hp setting and work my truck fairly hard in the oilpatch through alot of mud and snow. My tranny works just as well as it did when the truck was brand new. It makes me wonder what some guys are actually doing to abuse their trucks and whether or not they're keeping up on maintenance.

I am on my 4th 68RFE! stocker went at 40000km, first NADP lasted 3000km, second NADP last 18000KM, now im on my 4th NADP tranny. Hope they worked the bugs out.

I also heard rumor dodge is working on a 8spd auto to replace the 68RFE

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they are going to add power without actually fixing the trans so you can aactually put the power to the ground.

There are why to many 68RFE trannys that fail at stock power levels and just adding a slightly upgraded single disk tq converter isnt going to fix the issue.

I own a few dodge trucks and dont get me wrong i love to cummins but Dodge needs to pull there head out of there you know what and offer a trans you dont have to worrie about.

But I have yet to see a Ford motor since the early 7.3s I would trust my but to way up north on the winter roads example the 6.0

The Duramax good motor decent trans to bad the truck they put it in is for city boys did my front and every 18 thousand KMs with that POS IFS front end

I wish they would put a cummins in a ford chassis with a chevy inside already.

wow man you had bad luck I drive my trucks 25% highway the rest is bush logging roads hauling quads and then taking my truck to the drag races only front end issue i have ever had with a dmax is from an aftermarket tie rod from cognito so not even from gm!!! if people are so worried about the front ends being weak then spend $90 and get some tie rod sleeves that is the weak part on gm tierods! all my dmaxes have had 125,000 plus km's on them and still running original ball joints! this is the first truck i have slightly modded my front end with some tierods and pitman idler arm braces wow a whopping $400 and it is now able to launch at #20's of boost all day long so weak front ends and only meant for city boys I think not there buddy you just got a lemon. amazing how this crappy front end just destroyed you solid axle boys at the diesel power challenge simply amazing how people still say they are trash :nono:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they built the perfect truck it's called a chevy!!! ever wonder how you dont see guys dropping cummins or ford motors into the chevys it's because chev got it rite!!! comfort,great powertrain and driveline,excelllent fuel economy,great towing capabilities, solid reliable truck and cheaper than the fully loaded dodge and ford sounds pretty perfect to me hahaha. if people are so worried about the front end then take that $10-20,000 you save from buying a chev compared to ford or dodge and make it a solid axle for $5000 cause that seems to be the only issue people are really tearing the chevs up on front ends will there is your fix to those who think chevs front ends are chyte and it costs you $5000 but oh yeah that is for a 6'' lift included in there as well hahahaaha.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is one reason the cummins is so great. true diesels are inline 6, which means bigger parts stronger parts and less moving parts.
5b2a7a4c.jpg

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is one reason the cummins is so great. true diesels are inline 6, which means bigger parts stronger parts and less moving parts.
5b2a7a4c.jpg

the first diesel engine was 1 cylinder and ship diesels are 12 to 14 cylinders, so whats your point?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
amazing how the stock dmax rod is so small but yet out of all the diesels the dmax rods and pistons are the strongest we also dont need head bolts at 45 psi either at 60 psi is where we start to need them. most high horse dmaxs out there are running on stock rods and pistons and have close to 800 rwhp! just because it is bigger doesnt mean it is better! there is a little more to connecting rods then just size

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on my 4th 68RFE! stocker went at 40000km, first NADP lasted 3000km, second NADP last 18000KM, now im on my 4th NADP tranny. Hope they worked the bugs out.

I also heard rumor dodge is working on a 8spd auto to replace the 68RFE

So what is going wrong with your trannies ? I must be damn lucky then to have 180,000 km on mine so far with no issues. Now you boys have me scared.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chev got it rite!!! comfort,great powertrain and driveline,excelllent fuel economy,great towing capabilities, solid reliable truck and cheaper than the fully loaded dodge and ford sounds pretty perfect to me hahaha. if people are so worried about the front end then take that $10-20,000 you save from buying a chev compared to ford or dodge and make it a solid axle for $5000 cause that seems to be the only issue people are really tearing the chevs up on front ends will there is your fix to those who think chevs front ends are chyte and it costs you $5000 but oh yeah that is for a 6'' lift included in there as well hahahaaha.

Wow !! It's puff, puff, pass dude. You can keep your blinders on if you wish, but Chevys have just as many issues as other trucks. The weak front ends are a real issue to many that run their trucks in the patch. Also you must be sniffing glue if you believe you'll get a similarly-equipped Chev for $10,000-$20,000 less than a Dodge or Ford. Usually the Chevs are more. Don't understand why. You're definitely not getting a better truck for the extra cash you're laying out.:rolleyes:

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is going wrong with your trannies ? I must be damn lucky then to have 180,000 km on mine so far with no issues. Now you boys have me scared.

well, tuner, CAI, Exhaust, intake, boost tube for power adders, big tires, mountains, heavy towing. i think the stocker was explainable, the first NADP the torque converter was messed up or something which caused the truck to load down excessively and almost stall the truck, or take off on me which almost led to me crashing into ppl in parking lots, so they swapped out for a new set up, ran strong for a while, then the filter let go and caused there to be no line pressure which burnt up the clutches right away. I run amsoil fluids in all my machines, and contacted amsoil about the tranny fluid, they said they did not recommend their oil in the stock 68, so i ran stock fluid, then in the first and second NADP, they recommended to run amsoil, so i did, now in this latest NADP they went away from that and now recommend chrysler ATF+4. also the first 2 NADP trannies used a resistor to fool the TCM into changing line pressures. in this new one, they now have tunned the TCM, so its more on the ball for changing line pressures with throttle increases, which is the way to go. if you dont maintain line pressure, youll burn out the clutches. so hopefully this one lasts

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow !! It's puff, puff, pass dude. You can keep your blinders on if you wish, but Chevys have just as many issues as other trucks. The weak front ends are a real issue to many that run their trucks in the patch. Also you must be sniffing glue if you believe you'll get a similarly-equipped Chev for $10,000-$20,000 less than a Dodge or Ford. Usually the Chevs are more. Don't understand why. You're definitely not getting a better truck for the extra cash you're laying out.:rolleyes:

I kind of do know this for a fact cause I bought a fully loaded 2010 in 2010 for $48000 I talked to my good buddy Braydan denham who owns all the denham fords and he told me the price of a new full load pstroke in 2010 was close to $68000 so thats maybe how i get a $20000 differrence in price it is called talking to the dealers and finding out the price on the truck!!!!!! it seems to work real well you guys should try it before you suckas go out and spend that much more on a truck hahaahahaha! they all have issues thats forsure but hey i can handle replacing my ball joints whenever they finally do go before enjoying to replace my tranny after some pretty basic add ons hahahahaaha gotta love those dodge trannies:beer: so i'm not getting a better truck ya ok buddy you just keep replacing them trannies at what are they close to $7000 a pop for stock and i'll keep buying my $48000 fully loaded dmax that has no tranny problems :p

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just like to stir the pot I gotta say i do love the cummins a lot more than ford that is forsure but they really gotta get that drivetrain of theres figured out and rumour has it they may have something coming out

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of do know this for a fact cause I bought a fully loaded 2010 in 2010 for $48000 those dodge trannies:beer: so i'm not getting a better truck ya ok buddy you just keep replacing them trannies at what are they close to $7000 a pop for stock and i'll keep buying my $48000 fully loaded dmax that has no tranny problems :p

First off, I have to call BS on a "full load" for $48,000. Won't believe it until you can prove it with the window sticker that shows all your options along with the bill of sale. Secondly, my '07 6.7/68RFE has 180,000 km on it with the original tranny. I'm running a 5" TBE, S&B CAI, and H&S Mini Maxx (usually on the 120hp setting) and have had no tranny issues. Others have, I know, but mine's been awesome. I work this truck daily out in the oilpatch in the mud and snow as well as towing my travel trailer, hauling quads, pulling sled trailers, etc, etc. All in all, it's been a great truck.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cmon high velocity....he posted it on the internet so it has to be true...lol...i call bs as well...maybe he had one hell of a down payment

maxpower

Reaction score
First off, I have to call BS on a "full load" for $48,000. Won't believe it until you can prove it with the window sticker that shows all your options along with the bill of sale. Secondly, my '07 6.7/68RFE has 180,000 km on it with the original tranny. I'm running a 5" TBE, S&B CAI, and H&S Mini Maxx (usually on the 120hp setting) and have had no tranny issues. Others have, I know, but mine's been awesome. I work this truck daily out in the oilpatch in the mud and snow as well as towing my travel trailer, hauling quads, pulling sled trailers, etc, etc. All in all, it's been a great truck.

$48,000 is possible for a 2010 dodge cummins if you caught the no charge diesel upgrade promotion. That saves you about 10g's. The promotion is currently on again at some edmonton area dealers.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
know i realise this is 2011 but any completly fully loaded truck is a far cry from 48000
the fully loaded gmc SLT came to 67000 even if you remove all options except the slt package its 53000 and then you still have to add 9000 to get the diesel if you got it for 48000 we want to know where so we can go there too
the same truck but dodge came to 57000 the site i was at was offering the no-charge diesel
and the same ford truck came to 53000 BUT the site i was at was taking off 8000 in delivery charges so it would have been 61000
all trucks were 2500 or f 250 dodge was the only quad cab as the don't offer a normal extended cab all were long box 4x4 with there respecitable diesel engines with the medium model package slt for chevy and dodge and xlt for ford

attachments arnt working

try this link to build a gmc yourself and see

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$48,000 is possible for a 2010 dodge cummins if you caught the no charge diesel upgrade promotion. That saves you about 10g's. The promotion is currently on again at some edmonton area dealers.

maxpower, I ordered a 2011 Dodge 3500 SRW Crew Cab 4X4 Laramie about two weeks ago to replace my high mile 2007 Laramie. I'm getting every option except a sunroof, sliding rear window, and rear seat DVD system. Even with the no charge diesel (a $9300 saving) and one other rebate, this truck is still close to $58,000.00. A close friend and sledding buddy just ordered an absolutely fully loaded 3500 Chev CC DRW 4X4 and with rebates he's still paying mid 60's. All three brands are very close in pricing, but none were at $48K for a "full load", not even last year.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My farm has a 2004 cummins that has a intake, straight pipe, programmer, and FASS lift pump. Ran it that way pulling large loads like this. And didnt touch the tranny till 280,000 km. Got the transmission completely rebuilt with complete billet internals and a larger torque converter, for about $7000. I think it handled the hell we put the truck through just fine.

Not saying that dodge makes the best truck out there. But it is the truck that has the most experienced motor, and has lots of torque to pull sh!t around.
Besides the tranny, havent had to do anything to the truck besides regular maintenance. :ramsfan_small:

Top Bottom