New 2013 Polaris Rides

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really wish Polaris would get their heads out of the sand and introduce a REAL locking front diff and 4wd actuator like all the other manufactures. My 850XP is an example of over engineering. Keep it simple and it works without all the electronics and the crap the ADC needs - speed sensors, oil pump in the front diff, clutch packs for axle actuation, and all controlled by a computer instead of direct from a switch/relay. Really like the ride of it but their 4wd has always been a thorn in my side.

rozzy

Reaction score
Seen the 2 year polaris that is wore out time and again. But I do like the look of the new 850 scramie. Could be worse I guess, could have purchased a can am with the glass frame and crank problems... oh by the way don't ride it most the summer till we come up with a bad aid

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the Polaris site the new scrammy does NOT have ADC available on it, it does have enjine braking though. That combination might work better than the 850XP set up??
Really wish Polaris would get their heads out of the sand and introduce a REAL locking front diff and 4wd actuator like all the other manufactures. My 850XP is an example of over engineering. Keep it simple and it works without all the electronics and the crap the ADC needs - speed sensors, oil pump in the front diff, clutch packs for axle actuation, and all controlled by a computer instead of direct from a switch/relay. Really like the ride of it but their 4wd has always been a thorn in my side.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the Polaris site the new scrammy does NOT have ADC available on it, it does have enjine braking though. That combination might work better than the 850XP set up??

I wasn't a fan of the older non ADC Sportsmans either, their front axle engagement can be finicky - diff oil (or hub oil on older ones) needs constant changing for AWD to be reliable. My old '99 400 Xplorer was always having one axle hang up or not engage at all. The non-ADC will work fine on the Scrambler as most guys aren't using them for steep,loose downhill trails that we ride. Really need engine braking on all 4 wheels so the back tires aren't locking up from engine compression! Has happened to me several times on the 850XP with ADC and hasn't left me impressed.

Top Bottom