New 2011 M8 or new M8 pro climb

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 M8 or the 2012 M8 pro climb?I am thinking of buying a new m8. There are some really good deals on a new 2011 M8. But I was wondering do the new pro climbs handle that much better then the 2011? What does the new pro climb do better then the 2011 M8?

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could go back to the older Ms after having my proclimb. I find it alot more fun to ride and not near as tired at the end of the day.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Skippy when we hitting the hills together so i can try that new cat? Looking to get something new next year as well.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Pro climb series seems to ride much lighter then the old M series, and as far as I am concerened the new sleds look better then the old style.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would spend the money on a proclimb if I were you. For myself coming from an m series it was a long learning curve to a rider forward sled, but now that i know how to ride it i'll be never able to ride an M again lol. The proclimb it's so much more agile, much more comfortable to ride, and now has functioning front suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would def go for the ProClimb. I had two M's previously and thought I would NEVER want to change from that chassis, as I was really comfortable on it. Got my new ProClimb and although it took about a day to get used to the differences in the handling over my M, I would never go back. It is sooooo much easier to throw around, and my shoulders are no longer sore at the end of the day. The power and climbability over my old M is crazy.....and I had the full SLP pipe set up and camo-extreme on my old M too. I am really, really happy with the handling of my new ProClimb! :)

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2010 M8 162. same as the 2011.. I love it for all the reasons some of you are posting about the new pro climb...hmmmmmm.
is it really that much better? don't just say it because you bought it... you can buy a brand new 2011 162 M8 for 10999,00.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO they are that much better although my M800 was a 2007. So alot changed since. I have heard the 2011 HCR was an awesome sled. But the old chassis feels like a dinosaur to me now.

Buddy found a 2012 HCR 800 100 miles beginning of Feb for 13100 out the dealers door. So for couple more grand you get new style and 3yr warranty.

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO they are that much better although my M800 was a 2007. So alot changed since. I have heard the 2011 HCR was an awesome sled. But the old chassis feels like a dinosaur to me now.

Buddy found a 2012 HCR 800 100 miles beginning of Feb for 13100 out the dealers door. So for couple more grand you get new style and 3yr warranty.

I agree 100%. It is also imo a lot better of a chassis over all than the m series. When I first bought my Proclimb I really didn't like (or thought I didn't like) the rider forward aspect of it, UNTIL I rode my brothers 2010 M8. It was then that I realized how much more responsive the chassis is, and the ease of riding it really was.

The m series obviously isn't a bad sled, but if your in the market for a new one I would recommend a Proclimb

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2010 M8 162. same as the 2011.. I love it for all the reasons some of you are posting about the new pro climb...hmmmmmm.
is it really that much better? don't just say it because you bought it... you can buy a brand new 2011 162 M8 for 10999,00.

Yeah it's that much better. I've been ripping a 2011 HCR which I loved until I started riding my buddies' ProClimbs. Everything I thought that was so great about my M almost feels dated now. The Climb is a lot less fatiguing to ride, more power to the track which you can feel, climbs like an SOB, and looks killer.
But, I'm almost getting scared away from them due to all the blown belt threads. Some guys have burned 10 belts and all they get is an extra year of warranty? I don't know, maybe stick with the 11' until the 12' and up is bulletproof. But then again, both of my bud's sleds have been perfect and we've had 2 other rentals which were bagged hard with no issues.
Sorry I'm not much help here! :confused:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would spend the money on a proclimb if I were you. For myself coming from an m series it was a long learning curve to a rider forward sled, but now that i know how to ride it i'll be never able to ride an M again lol. The proclimb it's so much more agile, much more comfortable to ride, and now has functioning front end
fba2973d.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new pro climb chassis looks alot like the older rev chassis skidoo,s,,,should be a big improvement over the m series...lol

Seriously tho BRP has a law suit agaisnt Artic Cat for alleged patent infringements

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new pro climb chassis looks alot like the older rev chassis skidoo,s,,,should be a big improvement over the m series...lolSeriously tho BRP has a law suit agaisnt Artic Cat for alleged patent infringements
No way!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new pro climb chassis looks alot like the older rev chassis skidoo,s,,,should be a big improvement over the m series...lol

Seriously tho BRP has a law suit agaisnt Artic Cat for alleged patent infringements

Get out of here?!? Since when!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth,, I saw that in American Snowmobiler febuary issue page 10

the suit asks cat to stop making the units,,destroy units in stock and pay for alleged damages and fees.

Last edited:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth,, I saw that in American Snowmobiler febuary issue page 10the suit asks cat to stop making the units,,destroy units in stock and pay for alleged damages and fees.
Phew....for a second there I thought you might have read it on the Internet!

trhaus

Reaction score
i own a proclimb and honestly the first year bugs are so worth it. i have a buddy with a 2010 hcr and he's put some work into it. and he is very pissed off that he bought it this year instead of a proclimb. the new chassis is better and it should be. evolution has its perks lol

Top Bottom