Nelson and Area?? In Need of Help

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is I am asking all you nelson and area riders to please post some pics. We are planning on buying a peice of land about 20 min outside of Nelson on Slocan River Road and being a Valemount and McBride Rider am a little unsure of your rididin terrain the area seems pretty thick for tree growth is there any good Alpnie close or am I back to loading the truck and driving an hour?

Please any help would be Great

Shifty

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys skip the pics how about just some info on your riding area... I would really like to here from some Nelson boys...how are the sled dealers in the area Mod Shops ANY INFO from the S&M family would be great we are getting close to making this leap and I am really unsure of what to expect...

Shifty

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slocan Valley has "Playmore" (BRP & either Kaw or Yam) and Nelson has "Mainjet" (A/Cat & Honda) Both are really good service and mechanical. Polaris dealer burned down New Years Eve. YOu'll be 1 1/2 hrs from Trout Lake s-Better than Revelstoke.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys skip the pics how about just some info on your riding area... I would really like to here from some Nelson boys...how are the sled dealers in the area Mod Shops ANY INFO from the S&M family would be great we are getting close to making this leap and I am really unsure of what to expect...

Shifty

No good riding in the Kootenays, just ask the Krazy Canadian. :d

You definitely don't have to drive an hour from anywhere around here to hit good riding. Drop Dan a line and he'll be happy to take you on a tour when you're down here.

As for mod shops, Brian Witherspoon built Dan's latest M8 Turbo and many more mods. Knows his stuff.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch boys been checking into the area a little more and looking forward to heading down in the next 2 weeks...

Stocky

Reaction score
From where you're going to be living most of the sledding is less than 45" away. In fact some of it is right there above Passmore, at Grizzly Creek or surrounding area. You can't help but run into the locals gassing up at the Co-op, or even your neighbour, and they're more than happy to give you directions to some good riding. At least that's been my experience.:d

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Stocky’s right and once your there you’ll find plenty of good riding area info, the CO-OP Gas is a sledding pit stop. Not a lot of info on the forms you’ll find out in short you won’t be missing Valemont & McBride too much! Welcome to the Kootenay’s

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep this local!!! A sneak Peak out your back door "The Kootenays" photos from the archives some of thease are Dan's of the area's around Castlegar.

DSC00990.jpg

sled010.jpg

RusselLake-001.jpg

Ladybird005.jpg

RussellLake007.jpg

Top Bottom