Neither Snow nor Mud

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

I went to an event on Saturday that had no mud or snow, but was darn near the next best thing. My dad and I had tickets to the Rocky Mountain Nationals for Saturday at the Castrol Raceway south of Edmonton, and I have to admit that for someone who has never really been to a drag race like this, that it was absolutely AWESOME!!! If you are a fan of speed and power, you HAVE to check this out. Being a new fan / spectator, I'm not sure about all the classes, but they have just about everything, from Modified Stock to Nitro Funny Cars, Top Fuel Dragsters and Jet Cars and Trucks. And yes, as a matter of fact, they did also have a few drag sleds. Only about 5 -6, but I think that this part of the sport is growing (if not, it should). Some of the fastest sleds were running 9 second runs at 120 mph, topping some of the stock cars.

I had lots of numbers, and stories to tell, but so many of them just confused my mind, and you will have to check it out for yourself. One car that I did recall was Ken Reich's Camero from Specialty Auto (Specialty Sleds). I know that some of you know him, and regardless of your opinion, his wheelie in his class made me remember that run.

One day left of the Rocky Mountain National's, this Sunday, which will have the Elimination Rounds in many of the classes. If you are looking for something to do, I would stongly recommend checking it out. You will not be disappointed...:D

I took a bunch of pics, but I'll have to go through some of them and maybe post a couple.

tekim

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I was at the track on Friday afternoon as well, unfortunately I was there on business and did not have much time to enjoy the show. Here are a few photos from the event...Awesome is the correct word, if your in the Edmonton area and have not been to Castrol Raceway...you got to go. There were racers form 27 States and 7 Provinces in attendance.

Hey all...

I went to an event on Saturday that had no mud or snow, but was darn near the next best thing. My dad and I had tickets to the Rocky Mountain Nationals for Saturday at the Castrol Raceway south of Edmonton, and I have to admit that for someone who has never really been to a drag race like this, that it was absolutely AWESOME!!! If you are a fan of speed and power, you HAVE to check this out. Being a new fan / spectator, I'm not sure about all the classes, but they have just about everything, from Modified Stock to Nitro Funny Cars, Top Fuel Dragsters and Jet Cars and Trucks. And yes, as a matter of fact, they did also have a few drag sleds. Only about 5 -6, but I think that this part of the sport is growing (if not, it should). Some of the fastest sleds were running 9 second runs at 120 mph, topping some of the stock cars.

I took a bunch of pics, but I'll have to go through some of them and maybe post a couple.

tekim

Attachments

• IMG_7123_2.JPG
    IMG_7123_2.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_7121_2.JPG
    IMG_7121_2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_7127_2.JPG
    IMG_7127_2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_7131_2.JPG
    IMG_7131_2.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_7132_2.JPG
    IMG_7132_2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_7129_2.JPG
    IMG_7129_2.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_7120_3.JPG
    IMG_7120_3.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 185

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a couple more pics...:D

Attachments

• DSC05764 (Medium).jpg
    DSC05764 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC05784 (Medium).jpg
    DSC05784 (Medium).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC05803 (Medium).jpg
    DSC05803 (Medium).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC05796 (Medium).jpg
    DSC05796 (Medium).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 144

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know you are a Redneck when...

... your backhoe does a wheelie at 90 mph!:D

Attachments

• DSC05789 (Medium).jpg
    DSC05789 (Medium).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 146

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome Photos Tekim. Looks like they had a great show.

That's the great thing about digital cameras. Hundreds taken to get the one or two perfect shots!

Maybe next year one of them cars will say "Snow and Mud"......:D

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pics tekim, were they running qarter or half mile?

Quarter mile, thank god...i hate eighth mile...it's wayy tooo quick. That's like racing the sleds for 100 ft...you're not really racing..you're just figuring out who launches better...just my opinion though.

Can't wait for the rocky's this year...i've been to every one of them usually go saturday and sunday.

Sled-Head-Jr.

Reaction score
ya, i'm into racing quite a bit, my uncle races 2 sprint cars, and i have a friend who races drag bikes, and then my dad's friend races hos 06' chevrolet duramax, it has a programmer and some traction mods. but chevy d-max's with a programmer r the fastest 1/4 mile vehicles, i watched some in edmonton, it was up against a dodge viper and the chevy was gone.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who hit the track today??? I can't wait for tomorrow's action... Might be a little behind due to rain delay?

Top Bottom