need xp thoughts .

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well ive decieded to spring order an xm just as i did my xp in 08. Thing is im not sure if its worth selling my xp. Let me know what your opinion is on what its worth so i can choose wether to sell it ir keep it.
Its in near mint cond. Polished tunnel. Brand new 200 hp crankshop 950(less than 300 km) vforce3 reeds dynaport pipe. One ride on brand new 173 3" camo extreme. Full length ice age rails. Clutching is all done plus some other doo dads im forgetting at the moment.
Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Comming from a cat guy you may want to ignore this LOL,Im looking for a sled right now(non brand specific)and have found a deal on a basically stock 08 xp and decided to reasearch this sled and part of that is comparing prices and have found that if I get out of the bush in time I will likely buy the sled im talking about,They seem to be priced anywhere from 5500 to 7500............some more but im thinking that would be the range this time of year,add a 1000 bucks next fall.
Thats just my two cents:twocents: now tell, me what you think of your xp and if a big guy like myself should stay away even if it is a great deal!...........................And last if anybody I know reads this im going to get roasted:chicken: LOL!
Thanks catmando!:D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some pretty good coin in your sled. It is really hard to put a price on a mod sled as most people are scared of buying used ones for fear the person is selling them for a reason. Your best bet is to put a price on it and see if you get any bites. Anybody that is interested will let you know what they want to pay for it. Lol. Then you can seperate the losers till you find a buyer. Good luck!

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey catman im 6'1 240 lbs and have always loved my xp. Great sled and now big power and track even better. Just want to try the new chassis. If i sell im not planning to until fall but if all i could get is 7000 it will be mine till death do us part lol.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would keep her, you will never get the extras out of it. Good luck

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Sounds like you have some pretty good coin in your sled. It is really hard to put a price on a mod sled as most people are scared of buying used ones for fear the person is selling them for a reason. Your best bet is to put a price on it and see if you get any bites. Anybody that is interested will let you know what they want to pay for it. Lol. Then you can seperate the losers till you find a buyer. Good luck!

I agree 100%. Another bad thing about selling a mod sled is that like said above most people are scared of it or they are like myself, and would want to build their own and don't trust anybody.

I would just keep it if you can afford it.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The afford it parts not the issue. The divorce part is. If i keep it and buy the new xm my wife may possibly kill me or leave lol. Im thinking it would be nice to have both. I would like to be able to pull out the monster when someone beats the new stocker. Like i said big issue will be dealing with the mrs over it. Lol. God hates a coward right!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comming from a cat guy you may want to ignore this LOL,Im looking for a sled right now(non brand specific)and have found a deal on a basically stock 08 xp and decided to reasearch this sled and part of that is comparing prices and have found that if I get out of the bush in time I will likely buy the sled im talking about,They seem to be priced anywhere from 5500 to 7500............some more but im thinking that would be the range this time of year,add a 1000 bucks next fall.
Thats just my two cents:twocents: now tell, me what you think of your xp and if a big guy like myself should stay away even if it is a great deal!...........................And last if anybody I know reads this im going to get roasted:chicken: LOL!
Thanks catmando!:D
doomando?........catmandoo?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The afford it parts not the issue. The divorce part is. If i keep it and buy the new xm my wife may possibly kill me or leave lol. Im thinking it would be nice to have both. I would like to be able to pull out the monster when someone beats the new stocker. Like i said big issue will be dealing with the mrs over it. Lol. God hates a coward right!

I hear you lol. My spare is an 04 REV Summit and it would be nice to keep my XP when I get a new one. I already get the “You have so many hobbies and all I do is sit at home” Speech. But I can also see the wife’s point. I have more money tied up in snowmobiles, the sled deck, enclosed trailer, truck to pull everything, severe firearms addiction than anything she has wanted to do. It’s not my fault curling and volleyball are so cheap.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love feedback and I was talking stock sled,im sure yours is worth more to the right person but most of those mods dont add up to much over stock when selling unless its a Turbo and that is even a money saver if you find one installed on the sled you want (used Sleds).The feedback on the xp is all I was fishing for and didnt want to give the impression yours wasnt worth more,And as for the correct pro-nounciation it would have to be catmandoo LOL! But keep in mind it could also be a polaris but that wouldnt sound right............HaHa!

For the time being......................catmando!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just tell her you are keeping it for her. Even better if she doesn't ride. :)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used mod sleds are not worth any more then a stocker to 99% of the people out there. In fact they are tougher to sell then a stock machine, regardless of how well they are built or perform, or how much $$$ is in them. Your best bet is to sell it to someone who has either seen it on the snow, knows you personally, or part it out. It's sad to say but the sled is worth more in pieces then complete, no matter how many reciepts you have.
I'm not knocking your machine, I'm sure it works very well. But I have built mod sleds for years, never once have I come out of it with more money then the average selling price of a stock machine. I believe that the majority of people are scared of them "blowing up", and have no idea how to maintain them properly...even if it is a bulletproof build.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm... you have a 950cc XP sled with a 174x3" track on her.... something tells me the XM is gonna look like junk compared to your current ride. WIth only 300km on it you have all this time invested and no seat time. Keep it and let them work the kinks our of the 2013 model for a perfected 2014 model.

My suggestion would be to upgrade the rear skid to the t-motion ($320 skidoo kit) and be done with it.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe but im not looking to get rich off it but would like return on some of the investment, if i have to give it away it cann rot in my shop until i decided i wanted to go beat up on some yammies! if i dont get something half resonable it wouldnt leave.

Used mod sleds are not worth any more then a stocker to 99% of the people out there. In fact they are tougher to sell then a stock machine, regardless of how well they are built or perform, or how much $$$ is in them. Your best bet is to sell it to someone who has either seen it on the snow, knows you personally, or part it out. It's sad to say but the sled is worth more in pieces then complete, no matter how many reciepts you have.
I'm not knocking your machine, I'm sure it works very well. But I have built mod sleds for years, never once have I come out of it with more money then the average selling price of a stock machine. I believe that the majority of people are scared of them "blowing up", and have no idea how to maintain them properly...even if it is a bulletproof build.

sledheadrevxp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well there is no doubt that there is no chance that the xm will be comparable in the mountains but i love boondocking and jumping and the new chassis is suppose to be some kind of unreal sled so so far im thinking that i am going to have both, xm for most riding and the xp when i want to go places i shoudnt be. looking like its not worth selling because im not willing to give it away. its an animal with a ton of money invested so theres no way ill sell it fo the same price as a stocker and sounds like no one will pay more so i guess the wife will have to live with me having both lol

hmmm... you have a 950cc XP sled with a 174x3" track on her.... something tells me the XM is gonna look like junk compared to your current ride. WIth only 300km on it you have all this time invested and no seat time. Keep it and let them work the kinks our of the 2013 model for a perfected 2014 model.

My suggestion would be to upgrade the rear skid to the t-motion ($320 skidoo kit) and be done with it.

Top Bottom