Need some new gear!!!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to get new sled pants and a helmet this year. Pretty sure I'll buy fxr pants as I have 3 fxr coats but need some ideas and feedback on a new open face helmet.....

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helmets, well pick your flavor. There are more helmets on the market now that one really can't be better than the next. I do not personally like any of the snowmobile branded ones like 509, they are typically heavier. I like my Suomy's and I have a few of them. Airoh would be my next choice. I like the lighter ones.

Pants, FXR stuff has come a long ways in recent years. I wouldn't have given it a chance a few winters ago, now my gear bag is stocked full of it. Except for their gloves. I destroy their gloves in 6 rides. My FXR pants look tens time better after 50+ rides than my previous two pair of Klim pants in half that. I have the Elevation CX pant which is uninsulated like all of my gear and I barely wear a mid layer under my jackets. FXR uses various materials though so be sure and actually get a hands on feel for what is durable and rip resistant if that is a concern. Their pricing on left over stock is hard to beat. I can buy 3 sets of FXR gear or have a new look every season for the price of a Klim jacket.

Klim has left me unimpressed with some of their recent high end products and the durability of them. Hence I have a brand new pair of Klim Stealth Bibs just hanging in the closest unopened from last year. I still like some of their colors and I know some of their other products work very well but I have no desire to spend big money on something that will last just as long as something much cheaper.

Top Bottom