need some help on buying a truck. DODGE OWNERS

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals im looking into buying a 99 dodge cummins 24v and would like some help saying if it would be a good truck or not. the truck has 130'000km dual 5" exhaust, edge juice with attitude and built up tranny, afe stage 2 intake. he is askin 11500 for it...any help
will it be reliable or is it gunna fall apart...looks very clean
thanks ricky.

here is a link to the truck
http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...trucks-1999-Dodge-Ram-2500-W0QQAdIdZ201745743

Last edited:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
i think that truck is for sale for a while actually

take it for a testdrive
check front end and for any leaks

tough to say if it will be reliable

but it should
would love to have truck like that :(

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, and another thing that scares me now is the current owner is 17 and i think i seen a video on youtube of it blowing black smoke trying to show off...does anyone know of anyone else with a 99-02 dodge cummins with short box? under 200,000k.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea im definitly thinking no...
the kid said that it had a shift kit and something else. isnt being helpful at all so ill keepin looking.
if anyone knows of a 99-02 cummins 24v please let me know

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 and best truck I ever had, has 275,000 and I can make it blow black smoke to. That is normal if you tramp on the gas. Still out pulls the newer 06 f350. I will be selling mine cheap once I get my other truck finished.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 360k on mine with a little over 500hp, had to replace the vp pump 1200 bucks no biggy and if possable make sure its not a "53" block some are prone to cracking luckly mine hasen't. pm me if you have any detailed questions. if your going to look at one request to see a cold start and see what the smoke looks like on start up, a little black puff is alright, blue or grey are not good.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 360k on mine with a little over 500hp, had to replace the vp pump 1200 bucks no biggy and if possable make sure its not a "53" block some are prone to cracking luckly mine hasen't. pm me if you have any detailed questions. if your going to look at one request to see a cold start and see what the smoke looks like on start up, a little black puff is alright, blue or grey are not good.

Do you happen to be mechanic on these trucks.HMMMMM

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel pump install, head studs, 3 clutches, 2 turbos, vp44 and other stuff i guess you could say i may aswell be one but no not my trade haha

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I could have helped you out possibly as I traded off my '04 2500 5.9l quad cab laramie on a new 2010 dually. It might not have stayed on the lot very long though, it had 95,600 kms on it. It was my weekend truck as the company truck got used for all the dirty work.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I could have helped you out possibly as I traded off my '04 2500 5.9l quad cab laramie on a new 2010 dually. It might not have stayed on the lot very long though, it had 95,600 kms on it. It was my weekend truck as the company truck got used for all the dirty work.
What did they give ya on a trade ???

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did they give ya on a trade ???

It felt like a kick in the azz at $19,000 but the blue book values were $19,200 - $22,500 for clean. I know the truck wasn't in mint shape as there were a few rock chips that you can't avoid and the tail gate had a dent in it from where the utility trailer hitch come up and hit at the bottom to the left of the license plate. Had a little to much weight on the back of the trailer and when I lifted the hitch to slide it over onto the ball the fawking thing come up and rolled ahead. I'm sure the neighbors could hear me cursing.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What helped soften the blow was that through Weatherford and Chrysler's preferred customer program the new truck was at dealer cost + $25.

Top Bottom