need service manual for 2001 yamaha kodiak 400....

bpasok

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm very much a newbie here. I just purchased an '01 Kodiak 400 from a private party. It seemed to run pretty well. After about an hour of running, it started running very poorly and pouring fuel from the carburetor overflow tube. I read up on it and found several references to dirty fuel. I opened the carb and found some grit... cleaned it out and put things back together. It seemed to run better. I did notice that once it was warm, once I shut it off, a small amount of fuel still came from the overflow tube. I am guessing that the float level is set too high... or is this normal? I did a bit of searching on this forum and am very impressed with the depth of knowledge on bikes and atv's and thought I could get some real insight into what is wrong with my atv.

Are there any recommendations about where I can get a service manual for my atv. I hope to keep it for a long time and with this early need, I'm sure I'll need one for many times in the future.

When I pulled the gas tank to remove the carb, I found a couple of small tubes that were draped under the tank that went nowhere (apprently some type of breather)... one looked like it should be there, the other didn't... it went down into the wiring bundle on the left side of the engine.

Anyways, any help regarding a manual would be very much appreciated....

Thanks!

Top Bottom