Need Mechanics advice

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on My 2001 Gmc Z71 Im getting little to no air flow from my vents. It will switch between hot and cold fine. Also will go from floor to defrost to face vents fine. I can hear the blower fan running good and when I took a cover near the fan off, i got lots of air flow there. Any ideas would be helpful of what the problem could be. Thanks.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Has not been sitting since ive had it the last 3yrs. Never has worked for me so maybe it sat before i owned it. It never really bothered me that much but now my girl drives it with our new son, so trying to get it going before winter. Might need to bite the bullet and take it to a GM dealer.:shrug:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so on my 2001 gmc z71 im getting little to no air flow from my vents. It will switch between hot and cold fine. Also will go from floor to defrost to face vents fine. I can hear the blower fan running good and when i took a cover near the fan off, i got lots of air flow there. Any ideas would be helpful of what the problem could be. Thanks.

my 2000 fargo did the same thing . Went to a wreckers and got a new switch 10 bucks ........ Worked fine after that... Jm2pennys

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
replace the passenger compartment filters or take them out there probably pugged solid it's an 6"x1" slot near the blower held in with 2 7mm screws
but you must remove the kick panel first 2 5.5 mm screws,if you cant figure it out stop by nicholson ind i'll show you
ask for cory r in service:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, you have plugged cabin air filters........ Only other possiblity is your a/c evaporator core is plugged---- sometimes the evaps over time gather enough dust, mould, leaves etc, that the fins plug up(looks like "grease" smeared across the fins...... That will be your only 2 possiblities ............ More than likely the cabin air filters(like slomo said).:)

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, you have plugged cabin air filters........ Only other possiblity is your a/c evaporator core is plugged---- sometimes the evaps over time gather enough dust, mould, leaves etc, that the fins plug up(looks like "grease" smeared across the fins...... That will be your only 2 possiblities ............ More than likely the cabin air filters(like slomo said).:)

I have worked on a car in which the evaporator core had a small lead and the oil from the refrigerant attracted dust and gummed up the fins so no air could pass.

Cab air filter also another possibility.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem I had a couple months ago with my Dodge was the blend door broken and was only opening halfway.

I thought I would throw the below in :)

Here is my impression of a dealership-- not any one in particular.

"Yup, we found the problem,.. we put fresh air in your tires, changed your oil and replaced your transmission, that will be $6500, cash or charge?"

:d

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
The problem I had a couple months ago with my Dodge was the blend door broken and was only opening halfway.

I thought I would throw the below in :)

Here is my impression of a dealership-- not any one in particular.

"Yup, we found the problem,.. we put fresh air in your tires, changed your oil and replaced your transmission, that will be $6500, cash or charge?"

:d

I work in a dealership and that is exactly how it works.But you forgot to change the muffler bearings.That'll be another 1000$
That's why all mechanics have the best toy's.:):):):)

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, plugged cabin air filters. 10min job it was too easy, feel kinda dumb that i couldnt figure that one out earlier. Thanks to everyone that replied, saved me some money and made the girlfriend happy. Some good people on Snow and Mud!!:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yep, plugged cabin air filters. 10min job it was too easy, feel kinda dumb that i couldnt figure that one out earlier. Thanks to everyone that replied, saved me some money and made the girlfriend happy. Some good people on snow and mud!!:d

glad you got it fixed........ Thanks to all the input from everyone.... Well done guys!!!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it got figured out
no figuring out required,it's quite common after camping season and the temps in the morning start to drop people relize their heaters arnt working,and there filters are plugged solid,they should be checked every 6 months

Top Bottom