Need insurance on a sxs

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call my insurance (TD) to insure my new machine and they say they can't. Their underwriters won't insure certain sxs's and mine is one of them. So now I have to go find a new insurance company that will. Any suggestions? Please if you don't have any of the big bore sxs's (1000 cc) then your suggestion probably won't help. I have had all my machines insured through them including dirt bike, street bike, quads my sled etc without issue and never had a claim with them neither.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Call my insurance (TD) to insure my new machine and they say they can't. Their underwriters won't insure certain sxs's and mine is one of them. So now I have to go find a new insurance company that will. Any suggestions? Please if you don't have any of the big bore sxs's (1000 cc) then your suggestion probably won't help. I have had all my machines insured through them including dirt bike, street bike, quads my sled etc without issue and never had a claim with them neither.

did you politely inform them that you will be shopping elsewhere for all of your insurance needs?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call Charlene at State Farm in St. Albert, use me as a referral and move everything over. As long as you have less than 2 hand written tickets, in 3 years. She'll kill any other insurance company out there, for rates!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can try intact.... lots of companies have certain rules and dont insure certain things.... then you have to go with the RSA Facility insurance where all bad drivers and ones that got lots of tickets or DUI's have to go... its not under general underwritting.... all insurance companies pay into this one company to insure these people at high rates...
the reason i mention this is THEY ALSO insure special interest stuff or machines that the normal insurance co don't... the rates are not bad...

i am insured with them cause my last apprasial on my bike was too high for Intact to insure me.... they insured me for many years till 2 years ago now when i did the new motor.... when the apprasial went past there liking i had to change to RSA Facility.....

As these machines are getting more money and more performance you will find more and more companies out there wont touch them cause of the risk... which is high for quads and sxs's

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Charlene at State Farm in St. Albert, use me as a referral and move everything over. As long as you have less than 2 hand written tickets, in 3 years. She'll kill any other insurance company out there, for rates!
They are one of the companies I was going to call tomorrow.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had great luck with Jean at Mann and Mann insurance brokers in Peace River. 780 624-2505.

Have everything insured with her and she had no issues with my 1000 commander when I had it. Service from her is unbelievable.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Call brad at DARSON insurance he IS a supporting vendor as well.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So made son calls today and everyone would insure the machine. Most wanted me to insure a auto with them however. I called my insurance company back and talked to someone else. They went through the list again and did some checking. Long story short they insured me. So I am good to go.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like typical insurance BS. If my insurance company told me something like that I would be gone, glad you got it worked out.

Top Bottom