Need info on removing chaincase and driveshaft

catskinner13

Reaction score
Need to pull my track and driveshaft out and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks that will help make it easier.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Need to pull my track and driveshaft out and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks that will help make it easier.

Make sure you have a set of "lock ring" pliers when you are taking out the snap/lock rings. Its fairly easy to do the swap, and all it takes is just a bit of time. There is a guy who posted pics on HCS about a track swap and he nailed it pretty good, he has all the instructions to do it and has covered the bases when doing it. Here is an attachment to the link M Track Swap Step-by-Step by Johnmaster - HCS Snowmobile Forums. I hope this helps you, i used it as a reference for me and I had no troubles, I went out and bought a new pair of lock ring pliers and didnt even attemp to use screwdrivers or snap rng pliers like they did. Also keep in mind that there isnt a whole lot of difference between the 2 stroke and four stroke, unless you have reverse. If you have reverse you will have to take off your solonoid and little gear box to remove the chain case cover.

Last edited:

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah definatly get the correct pliers. I didn't...I used small screwdrivers. Took way longer than it should have and left me with a few bloody knuckles!

Top Bottom