Need help !!!!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposed to hit up brule this weekend but my buddy cant get his 06 crf 450 to start up....ran fine yesterday aside from not wanting to idle, and he replaced the water pump today and it refuses to start or even fire. He says it has spark and is getting fuel (pulled plug on bottom of float bowl to see) and it just wont catch. Anyone have any suggestions on things to try ?!!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your %100 sure it's getting spark? Had a similar problem with my bike just after I washed it. The killswitch had moisture in it, causing it to give it no spark. Does it even try to run? What does it sound like when it's kicked over? Flooded, no spark or sounds fine?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it a good bump start?

Change plug, verify spark, try both choke and hot start.

sent from a top secret location

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Air/Fuel screw may need to be adjusted and Idle as well.
May have to check valve clearance, could be zero'd out. Or timing chain skipped a tooth and is out of time.
Gas is on ? Have gas in tank ? (sounds stupid but it happens), and said above....check spark plug.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was hard to keep idling at first when it ran, but ran fine once hot it could be the valves.
My bike wouldn't start a few weeks ago for about 15 minutes, then ran great. May have been debris in the fuel line blocking the pilot jet

Top Bottom