need help with trailer choice

Keng

Reaction score
so im looking into buying a enclosed sled trailer for next season. anything you guys can help me out with would be awesome like what i should ask for what options to get what i should do myself etc.. im looking 27 foot flat or v nose.. what do you guys think? and what would be the right way to add a fuel tank to the trailer?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
so im looking into buying a enclosed sled trailer for next season. anything you guys can help me out with would be awesome like what i should ask for what options to get what i should do myself etc.. im looking 27 foot flat or v nose.. what do you guys think? and what would be the right way to add a fuel tank to the trailer?

I would get one that is insulated so if you ever want to heat it you have the option. V nose is better for aerodynamics and you have the option of drive on and off.
As for fuel tank, I have seen them mounted up front in what looks like an upright wardrobe as to conserve space. We personally don't have one, just carry jerry cans and that has worked out fine. Never pulled into a gas station to fill up sleds we always have enough for the whole trip. Depends where you ride I guess.
Other than that go for the best quality you can afford. Look for undercoating and rust proofing etc. especially around wheelwells, some sort of mud guard up front etc. Good luck! :beer::d:beer:

Keng

Reaction score
well gonna be insulating myself. as for the ability to drive off not a concern of mine.. all sleds have reverse and looking for no wheels wells.. im just wondering would it be better to get a 27 flat nose or v nose.. since i do plan on having a generator with me when i travel and some propane tanks for a heater as well as batteries and inverter.

saskboy

Reaction score
sounds like you know what you want. I really like pulling the 7.5' wides over 8.5' they just seem to track alot better and have less sway but it all depends on your towing vehicle. As for a flat or V i guess that depends on you vehicle aswell a V will always be easier to tow but a flat will have more room I guess. If it were me I would get a couple foot longer V. Check out Firefly on here I travelled with him once this winter he sells Legend trailers they are very nice but if your looking for economy model I would check out the trailer dealer in Davidson Sk. best deal in west Can.IMO

Keng

Reaction score
some good points there.. only one problem im in ontario. lol.. lots of choices.. even debating on just building it myself.. now if i can just find a good set of plans i can figure out cost for building vs buying then decide what i want to spend. lol

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keng,

Legend trailers are built in Eureka Michigan just below Ontario. I know we have a few dealers in Ontario. If you want to insulate and finish the interior you can save yourself a good chunk of change. They are all aluminum great quality trailers! Below is a link to my MFG's website. Pm me if you have any questions. You can use the find a dealer link on the website and they will have your nearest dealer give you a ring.

A 7X29 Trailmaster I had done for a customer.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpg
    IMG_6018.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom