need help with parts-(new track)

kell2784

Reaction score
I'm planning on going from a 144 track on my 01 summit, to a 155x16 (or longer), and ws curious what you people would recommend.
1-What rail extensions are the best?
2-Where (preferably in AB) can I get them?
3-Hyfax, what's the best option I can put on?
4-Will I possibly need to go to larger set of back wheels?
5-Who carries the larger wheels?
6-While I'm at it, should I regear? (Options)

Also, on another note, where can I get Rox sled treads, or a similar option to mount?

Thanks in advance. I realize they may be juvenile questions, but I'm pretty new at the sledding scene. I'm a mechanic, and will be doing everything myself.

Safe riding!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did a setback on my 01 800 summit went from 144 to a 151. move susp back 3.5" down 5/8" no ext needed. changes attack angle from 30 to 17 degrees works great need new drop brackets for tunnel clearance. i went 3"on mine. tim

kell2784

Reaction score
I'm new at this, so sorry about the dumb questions:

Will I need to drop and roll for a 155" track?
Do I really need to go with big wheels?

Anything else I should know? Any help appreciated.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need to drop & roll unless the track is over 2" and no you don't need to go big wheels, you can always add them later with a offset rear axle.
You will have to gear down a tooth I think. Going with a 16" wide will be a little more work than a 15" as you'll have to grind some bolts and rivets down. Hope that answers a few questions.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would be way better off just sticking with a 15 wide track.. Cause with a 16 wide if your track moves side to side at all really it will rub on the tunnel.. If you give ken a call at specialty sleds he can hook you up with everything that you need.. They are right in the city and also ship alot of parts out everyday if you can't make it in.. Hope it helps..

wangdoo800

Reaction score
Go for it.I have the 16 wide on my Zx.Wildchild makes a bracket that bolts directly to your existing rear bracket.Switch out all interfering bolts to carriage bolts for more clearance.Install some washers at the rear bracket to spread the tunnel a bit.You will have to also remove your top idlers which doesn't make any difference to the track.While your at it get some 2004 9 tooth extroverts at your local ski doo dealer,they are only $50 bucks a piece.
The skid relocate package from wild child has all the plates made up,no measuring required.It comes with 2 small plates for relocating your front support bolts and the new rear brackets with hardware to bolt right on.I also run the 180mm rear wheels with the stock axle, this gives you a little more adjustment on your track tension.Any questions just PM me.

Top Bottom