Need help with m1000

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
So hear is the deal that has been fighting me all winter. 09 m1000 that when it is warmed up good will bog off the line. If you burp the throttle a few times it will clear itself out and haul ass. It has a bdx intake on it and a jaws can. Replaced the reeds with vforce this fall had the power valves cleaned and set by the dealer and still no change. You can make a dozen passes across the field and it will work fine. If you stop and let it idle for thirty seconds it will bog again. No codes or anything coming up. Tried adjusting that throttle position sensor a little and no change. Any help would be good. I have asked for help on hear before and tried what people have suggested with no luck. Hoping to get lucky this time maybe. Lol.

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
Had a power commander5 with a speedwerx ypipe but I took it off to try and narrow the problem down

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Northgate Honda adjust them in the fall
I have the solution for you............call cc cycle westlock & trade for my 2007 m1000 that is sitting in their lot, I do miss that old fella. It comes with lots of goodies as well & is dialed in just add pump gas cheers

Braap m1200

Reaction score
I'm not sure man, I run the bdx power valve deletes. I cleaned up the bottom end with my boondocker box. I think you need to run that fuel box with that airbox.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found mine to be the same it helped alot buy uping the idle to 2200 or so. If they idle to low it will load up on fuel and bog. I have since installed a P/C 5 and it has never ran better I do have a SLP y and pipe to. I bought the P/C from Eric at Racin Station and he mapped it for me. He is great to deal with and that 1000 never ran this crirp before. I hope this helps.

mtm

Reaction score
Yup 09 stock map is fat on the bottom. I'm taking fuel out on the lowest setting. Throw the box back on and lean it out a touch at 3000.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My P/C requires a different map to make changes so it is non adjustable. Eric at Racin Station installed my map and told me if it wasnt right to call him and he sends a different one to your email and you download straight to your P/C 5.

Braap m1200

Reaction score
I know in my bottom end I'm negative on. Some rpm ranges. And I also have a 1200 big bore. Boondocker boxes are the way to go man.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same issue I was told to try higher octane gas not sure if its the best thing for it but I did and it basically got rid of my problem.

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
I was running premium in it. Drained it out and put some regular in. Only run shell fuel from a very busy station so Minot worried about water problems. Took the jaws can off on the weekend and put the box on and calibrated the throttle sensor. It was running great. Idled at 2200 and no bog. Brother in law tried it today and it was running good until it made a bad bog and wouldn't run idle below 3800. Unplugged the box and it seems to run proper again. I'm getting low on ideas

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running premium in it. Drained it out and put some regular in. Only run shell fuel from a very busy station so Minot worried about water problems. Took the jaws can off on the weekend and put the box on and calibrated the throttle sensor. It was running great. Idled at 2200 and no bog. Brother in law tried it today and it was running good until it made a bad bog and wouldn't run idle below 3800. Unplugged the box and it seems to run proper again. I'm getting low on ideas

I would say stop letting a number of people test it for one, in order to diagnose it, you need to be consistent, with rider and modifications, you don't know what your bro-in-law is doing when he's riding it. Check the ground and wires on the box, my ground had broken and the box wouldn't register. What elevation are you running at? They run much better at 4000 ft and above, down low they don't seem to run as good. Your box could be bad so take it off and put the sled back to stock, then start diagnosing things. If stock and won't run then take to the dealer and have it re-mapped, you might need a new ECU or fuel pump. Start with the basics like reeds etc and eliminate the issues one by one.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the 4000' comment. This was also the case with my attitude box.
If you're really going crazy about it:
-when it bogs, kill it, pull your plugs, check Wetline. Mine used to rich bog off the hop. We can give you advice all day long But you have to confirm yourself if its rich or lean bog on your sled.
-install egt or AFR gauge. Since you already have a power commander, I highly recommend the Wideband2 box for it. It can be used as an auto tune AND has an AFR gauge you can mount in so you can see exactly what is going on.

Keep lots of fuel in the 5000 to 6000 range. I just lean detted mine on a 13.5 AFR. busted off the spark plugs straps and chewed the head and piston last week. Jug was ok. I wasn't checking my wash enough. Had I been, I would've known exactly what was going on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362239681.616787.jpg

Top Bottom