Need Help,Which Air Card to Buy?????????

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im trying to decide which air card for my laptop to buy,Im going to be travelling a lot and want the best coverage for the best price.It will be for basically emails and surfing my favorite websites while Im on the road.I would really like some opinions!
Thanks catmando!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i have a telus sierra wireless air card and i can get service where ever i get telus cell service, Its a usb connection and mesures approx one inch by 2 inch. Im very happy with it plus at 30 buck a month for one gig no one can beat it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I worked in Edmonton, I had a "Sierra" air card from Telus. It was on the company, so I don't know the price details. But the air coverage was better than any cell phone I have ever had. Maybe something to look into?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks,Im looking at telus and bell,Bell has a shorter contract and about the same price per month with an automatically adjusted bill,same as telus but was trying to find someone with a bell to see how they like it!
catmando!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bell does piggy back telus. But if you are heading into BC. There are very few telus towers. So you may want to look at where your heading compared to where all of the towers are.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im getting that kind of info,bell claims to have the same coverage and a much better deal,can get it free with a one year contract,Telus wants two year contract,I am pretty pissed at telus so I think I will give Bell a shot,Its only a year!
catmando!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do be careful......sometimes you get what you pay for.

T

Timed Trench

im getting that kind of info,bell claims to have the same coverage and a much better deal,can get it free with a one year contract,telus wants two year contract,i am pretty pissed at telus so i think i will give bell a shot,its only a year!
Catmando!
depends on where you plan on going...... Bell does not cover anywhere close to where telus covers. They may claim to have the coverage, but i found out the hard way. My new telus evo 598 wireless stick seems to do alright, way better than the 597.

If you are sticking to the major highways and around towns..... Bell works just fine, if you plan on remote areas also..... Stick with telus.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn I love this site..........Sleds to Air Cards.....The info never stops.As much as I hate to do it looks like I will go with Telus,got two years left on the phone anyhow and the feedback Im getting tells me telus wins for now and yes I will be in remote area's off and on.The deciding factor is telus is the only one that works in Mcbride........thats important LOL!
catmando!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
We were down in Kananaskis this past weekend, a buddy has a TELUS stick in his laptop...lightening fast, I was very impressed. Borrowed the stick and shoved it in my wife's MAC, we drove all the way back to EDM, her secure connection to her work never went down...we are getting one!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have both, the telus Sierra and the Bell Turbo stick. Bell does have the same coverage as telus and a much better deal on band width. I don't use telus at all. I use the turbo stick aircard for ALL my internet. I have never had a problem ever with connection and I'm out west of Rocky Mountain House where there is barley any phone service at all. Total uninterupted high speed with out the AZZhole telus guy to have to talk to every month. JMO...Good Luck.

Top Bottom