Need Help From A Doo Dealer ASAP!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've had issues with my XM ETEC since new with it having hesitation and popping/farting between 5800-6200 rpm. It now has over 300 miles and is still doing it with the occasional bog now off idle or when slow speed traveling. It almost put my buddy over the bars a couple times.

My dealer says they couldn't get it to do it and have since run out or snow to test it further. I assure you the issue is real. Other members here have ridden it and commented on it not being right so it isn't in my head.

Are there any dealers that still have enough snow to look at it for me or are planning to head to the mountains next weekend and can take it for a rip? I am planning to head to Golden next weekend or somewhere else possibly so I can meet up with someone so long as they have their buds computer.

This issue is really beginning to piss me off and I'm about ready to sell it if it keeps up and nobody can fix it.

Thanks guys!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dale. U seen the xm problem thread.

Sidewaysto3rd is having problems too

Said the dealer is saying some coils are bad on 13's.

sent from my HTC while working

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call!! I will try and give him a call and line it up!
Thanks.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dale. U seen the xm problem thread.

Sidewaysto3rd is having problems too

Said the dealer is saying some coils are bad on 13's.

Ya I saw that. His is different though-his rpm's are dropping right down and mine is just popping and farting. I think where mine is happening is right before the lean spot in the mapping.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Randy at Motor Tech. Gonna have to try tomorrow.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you found someone who could fix yours let me know!

myself and a buddy of mine have our sleds at the shop and they still dont know exactly what's going on with them. even though it's end of season there's still lots of pow shots to be had.

your symptoms sound different from mine and my buddy's.

I had some serious RPM fade on long climbs which I attributed to my tired clutching.. Mine did sputter and fart when I had my thing can on.. stock can got rid of some of the poor performance

too bad I can't get out and test out my rebuilt clutches with rooster built clutching since it's dead again and in the shop .. sigh

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you found someone who could fix yours let me know!

myself and a buddy of mine have our sleds at the shop and they still dont know exactly what's going on with them. even though it's end of season there's still lots of pow shots to be had.

your symptoms sound different from mine and my buddy's.

I had some serious RPM fade on long climbs which I attributed to my tired clutching.. Mine did sputter and fart when I had my thing can on.. stock can got rid of some of the poor performance

too bad I can't get out and test out my rebuilt clutches with rooster built clutching since it's dead again and in the shop .. sigh
It won't run now at all?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exhaust sensor should show up on BUDS. Could be alot of things. Randy will figure it out.

I'm assuming they checked that stuff already as they had the computer plugged in to change miles to km, check if it was still on break in and for codes. I know they checked some stuff and just ran out of snow to hold it in that rpm range long enough to get it to act up.
It has the MBRP on it still.
I don't know Randy from Adam so I hope he has time to help a stranger out.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i kid you not put your stock can on and try again. my sled runs like CRAP with the mbrp on it. very similar to yours it will cut out and send you over the bars like the rev limiter hitting.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Maxwell says the MBRP can be somewhat "halting" at low elevation operation. If you are riding low that could be your problem.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randys a good dude Dale.

Didn't know he could do the warranty stuff tho.

Thought brp took the dealer away from motor tek.

Just like trackside.

The 2 best dealers and they kibosh them.

Brp is is stupid.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randys a good dude Dale.

Didn't know he could do the warranty stuff tho.

Thought brp took the dealer away from motor tek.

Just like trackside.

The 2 best dealers and they kibosh them.

Brp is is stupid.

Randy is up and running again. Banners is the majority shareholder in the company and Randy and Dawn are running it but are shareholders as well.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trackside can still do BRP warranty. Just not sales.

I got ahold of Randy today and he says he will try to help me out on friday. We will see what comes of it.

I know what your saying Maxwell but LOTS of guys are running the MBRP with no issue. Have you tried running any other cans than stock to see if it cleaned up? I will be running the stocker as a test before I head to Golden if there is enough snow still tomorrow and I get time.
Elevation is 3000' here but it was doing it at 5500'+ as well. Blecter rode it in Golden so he knows what it's doing. I can't see it being the can but if it is I'm pitching that MBRP in the garbage.

Top Bottom