Need Help Figuring Out Hand Warmers Nytro MTX!!

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
New to the forum (and sledding), recently picked up a 2010 Nytro MTX Turbo with engine damage. That has since been repaired. Problem is I am getting code 81 - short circuit. The thumb warmer works great, however when I try to turn on the handwarmers with the rocker switch nothing happens. Not sure if its the elements or rocker switch because nothing happens when I try to turn them on! Any pointers would be greatly appreaciated!
Thanks!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check each grip warmer to make sure there is continuity through the grips, yes they should show a set resistance which if you have a service manual it should give you the #. Best place to start!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an official Yamaha shop service manual for the MTX. It has everything you would ever need to know.
I'm in Vernon, let me know if your interested.
I also have a few parts.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People love aftermarket stuff on those sleds. Make sure that the metal under the grips is not knearled if the bars are not stock. They eat handwarmers.

trenthoath

Reaction score
You need the Yamaha heater cause with out it it's like you hand warmers are not even working. I know this cause I just did it to my nytro last season

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info everyone! Will look into it tonight, and let you know what's going on! Thanks

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your interested in a set of stock bars with grips and a Yamaheater system I have one. Can bring as far as Sicamous Next Saturday.

Top Bottom