Need help badly with hrp clutch

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
i bought this used HRP clutch for my 670 being BB to 750, it was a friend of a friend who had it on a turbo 670 so i bougth it and i took it apart and the 2 bushings in it are shot and need to be replaced...no big deal right? no, i called HRP today and the owner/builder is telling me this clutch wont last more then an hour on a my motor :confused: , which is bizzare hes saying that the harmonics of a twin 2stroke will vibrate them to pieces and on his site nowhere do it say this but it does say this clutch will never break because of the way its designed and can withstand 15000RPM. And on top of that he said id be better off with a polaris clutch but that will only last me maybe 5 hours, it seems to me like this guy is a huge idiot :rant:

Soo i told him i didnt care that it will supposedly break apart because this clutch was on another 670 and it hasnt broken apart. Then the guy goes and tells me that the bushings are 10$ a piece but u need a minimum of a 100$ order which is the biggest pile of crap, soo now im stuck with a clutch that i payed 300$ for and is deemed useless.

soo my question is has anyone dealed with this guy ever and does anyone know of where else i could get bushings for this clutch??

thanks alot in advance for any help

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
The guy at HRP is being honest with you. Does the HRP have a hex shaft spider? These types of spiders will not stay tight and start shaking and gall until it is junk. The big the twin CC, the quicker the clutch wears out.
We used to use Polaris clutches on the Rotax twins. The Polaris clutches still need to checked for bushing wear as they will come loose.
I've used the Comet 4Pro and it lasted longer than anything so far, but now I busted the spider. Need parts, but the battle is worth it as the TRA performs so poorly, makes too much heat and eat belts.

Top Bottom