need guidance...

bathtub28

Reaction score
rode all day today in warm weather hitting just under10lbs all day, so think i turned it down wen i should not have.....think ill leave it there for break in and then turn it back up to the 12 lbs later ...love the nytro turbo though, am very happy with it.....except the headlights! those are not to be desired, both with the brightness and how they get covered in snow so bad.....thinkin HID's will be in store, any thought on them before i spend the money?

Reaction score
supercharger means race fuel, no more pit stops at 10pm at farmer joes begging for a gallon. Turbo a bit more relaxed if boost is not cranked.
I run my at 12psi, if i need to get a nice line I have 4 more psi at the crank of a knob. 3000k and still strong on pump gas
What are you talking about I,am running a stage 2 supercharger at 15lbs of boost and I,am only putting 94 octange:rant:

bathtub28

Reaction score
Ok....so all you big yammi fans, tell me what wrong with mine!...First , the rear fox float 2 shock(the only one of the four that r filled with nitrogen) is flat on its face saged out, put it in the truck fine, had it there for about a week, unloaded in valemount and tada....bottemed out just sitting there. Then, while riding up the hill was pulling 12lbs all the way up, and when i got into the first bit of powder, and i mean 2 sec off the groomed trail it feel on its face , no power, 5psi tops, boging spitting sputtering, and sometimes would cut right back and check engine light is on! took it back on the groomed a bit and came back to life. Please dont tell me i bought a 240 hp trail machine. Now , i dont have tunnel dump , but just the stock mcx setup rear mount and also put a gas rack on. And to top it off my handle bar warmers quit on me! p.s......only 450kms on sled!!!! what gives? :mad:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the air filter is under the back of the seat, next to the muffler? that setup doesn't work in the powder. Take the weight off the back end and pump the shock up to about 150psi, don't know why it would lose it's pressure, they are usually no problem.

bathtub28

Reaction score
yes, intake is under seat next to exhaust and that sucks that that dont work that way seeing how they do it to all their setups , and it took finding out the hard way to realize this, an entire trip wasted after a 1000km drive and no way of changing it(unless there is a quick fix) till i get back home. And the back rear shock is one of those racing fox shox, cant pump it up, just the two front and the one front rear ones are able to be pumped p....so what r some sugestions about getting a sled woring proper in the powder all day seeing that is what you look for in a mountain sled?

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
the rear shock can be pumped up too. unscrew the blue cap off the resevior on the rear shock and voila! 150-180lbs for sure. Dealer may have taken pressure out to take the skid out of the track and forgot to pump it back up. As far as the icing issue goes I would ask your dealer about installing a CR tunnel dump exhaust. Make sure they know to cut the tunnel cooler and shorten it 5 1/4" so it fits with exhaust. No more icing issues, it will be alot louder though, some find it annoying, but you won't have an icing issue.

bathtub28

Reaction score
Robertson Yamaha , r you willn to convers on here as. a dealer on advice , what your dealership would do or provide for customer service and pricing ? With my situation

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
When we sell turbo's/ install them we highly recommend the CR tunnel dump kit as it solves the icing issue. I'm on the road today, but give me a call tommorow at the dealership or shoot me a txt on my cell and we can chat and walk through what your best options would be, and get a cr tunnel exhaust shipped up for you if need be. dealership (306) 773-4948 - cell (306) 741-7755. Cody

bathtub28

Reaction score
Well, called Robertson Yamaha and talked with Cody and seem to have gotten my issue worked out....was a loose plug going to the mcx box , put some dielectric grease on pluged er in and away she went.....as for the shock, was just never pumped back up and a bone head move on my part to not check inquire about how to pump it back up....was blind with frustration, but have it all back together and running great. Also on another note, go the tip to peel out the foam on the side panel by the oil tank and put pre filter material over the vent, especialy the one down low by the oil tank to help reduce or eliminate so much snow build up under the hood....

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Good to hear buddy. I will give you a call next week as I should be getting a bunch more deep snow intake hoses in which will solve the intake icing problem if you are having trouble. I'll give you a shout and let you know and get one shipped up to you if need be.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I vote MCX 240 hp kit, good power, great throttle response and best reliability IMO from what I've seen. Easy to upgrade to the 270 hp kit later. ;)

My choice of early upgrades would be

Avid Drivers
162X2.5 Camo Extreme
Tunnel dump with Mountain Mod Trunk Seat

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Make sure with the new Challenger Extreme though you run AC powerclaw drivers with 3" pitch from AVID because the new track design will not work with avids. Just an FYI....

Cody

bathtub28

Reaction score
Ok.... cant say im impressed yet with this yammi....! :nono: .... put it away with the rear shock pumped up to 180 and lifted the track off the ground, came back today after a week, and seems to have lost air press.....not acceptable from a sled with less then 500km and was giving problems from much earlier , (just did not realize due to being new on the fox floats and how they feel). Also, still getting check engine come up code 84, wich is throttle position sensor i guess.... also not ok for this to be happening so early. Any one else been having any fox float problems . just throwing this out there , but my turbo polaris dragon never gave this much trouble and would probably pull on my yammi....hope i didn't make the wronge choice.

wilmot

Reaction score
I had the same throttle problem on my 10 nytro, follow the throttle cable and see if the nut is loose on the throttle body into engine.

bathtub28

Reaction score
well....yammi left me walking today! got it back from her first service,and total walk through..(checked EVERYTHING) took it for about a 7 km hike and started smelling gas. I stopped and machine started smoking and thought i was gonna loose er...got all the plastics off and threw snow all over it and saved it. Fuel line somewhere under the hood has come off , worne through, or burnt. Ither way i, i was taking the shoe leather express home. :mad: how is it possible to have gotten such a poor yammaha when everyone else seems to have flawlessy running machines?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shock is a flaw and all things fail (make sure it is just not a loose stem under the cap?), as for the other issues sounds to me like a inexperienced install or rushed install, not acceptable if u payed for it. I can feel your fustration. I would be having another mechanic perform a detailed accessment if you are unable to yourself. These sleds are complicated and everything needs to be routed just perfect, and regularily inspected to ensure things are still ok:eek:

bathtub28

Reaction score
Guys that did the install are experianced, they do many many of them, had a seperate dealer mechanic do the service and do a detailed run through, and still have time to be on here posting(due to lack of riding). The shock , they did take the stem out, cleaned in replaced it and now i am just waiting to see if it holds air, took a couple days to leak out last time... Both dealers are good as far as customer service go but that wont give me a ride home.

bathtub28

Reaction score
ok, at closer look, it was the fan that cut through the fuel linethat i belive comes from the tank....should be secured and out of the way.

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Hey man, Did this just happen this afternoon? Give me a call tommorow and I will get you sent up what you need. e-mail me some pics of what line hit the fan etc. Thanks - Cody

Top Bottom