Need good 6.0 Power-stroke Mechanic

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a good mechanic/shop to do some work on our 06 6.0 Power-stroke

I have been told the seal on the oil line on the back of the injector pump is leaking and this is why it has to crank so long to start it when it hasn't been running for a few hours. It starts up right away if it's only been off for an hour or so, even if it only ran for a minute earlier and for the first time in the day. We are talking summer time here. The dealer wants way to much money to fix this.

I have also got some other concerns with it as well, blows some blue smoke when cold. ie. also in the summer. I'm told this is a bad sign.

This truck has about 260,000km on it (work truck) and there is lots of life left in the rest of the truck - would like to get the engine running a bit better. The head gaskets were replaced in 08.

Need to find someone that specializes in the 6.0 Powerstroke, or at least has worked on a lot of them.

Thank you.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet would be to find a cummins on kijiji and swap it in. :d:d

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6.0 was a good motor if you know the right mods and run syn 0w40 in them, soory don't know any techs other than dealers.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got stuck running a dodge deck truck for while with a 6.7 cummins and personly it just junk hate the dam truck would take the 6.0 any day but then i also don't pay for repairs.
Which is why you put the 5.9 cummins in the ford.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM summitric from the site he can work on these things with his eyes closed already. From the sounds of it he rarely doesn't have a broke Ford sittin at his shop.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been told the seal on the oil line on the back of the injector pump is leaking and this is why it has to crank so long to start it when it hasn't been running for a few hours. It starts up right away if it's only been off for an hour or so, even if it only ran for a minute earlier and for the first time in the day. We are talking summer time here. The dealer wants way to much money to fix this.

I have also got some other concerns with it as well, blows some blue smoke when cold. ie. also in the summer. I'm told this is a bad sign.

This truck has about 260,000km on it (work truck) and there is lots of life left in the rest of the truck - would like to get the engine running a bit better. The head gaskets were replaced in 08.

Need to find someone that specializes in the 6.0 Powerstroke, or at least has worked on a lot of them.

Thank you.

Hey Summit, I sent you a PM.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you.
If you can get the truck to Calgary there is a place called Dagger performance,they are great with these trucks.If not give them a call and they may be able to recommend someone in your area.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did ya find anyone. Used to be dealer tech onmthese. Had 5 or so apart. Maybe add a few 00's on that number. Lol

Top Bottom