Need Engine Work

Ohmz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 2013 800 pro with 3500K and need / want to do some engine work. i hear the fix kit is a must, but i kinda want to do a big bore... anyone have any sugestions on who localy can do one or the pros and cons of a big bore?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 2013 800 pro with 3500K and need / want to do some engine work. i hear the fix kit is a must, but i kinda want to do a big bore... anyone have any sugestions on who localy can do one or the pros and cons of a big bore?

Chris (AKA Chrisco on the site) at Parkland motorsports won't steer you wrong

give him a call.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can also think about doing the rk tek drop in kit with slp pipe,can pcV. Some clutching it will get up and go!!
Chrisco is a dealer for all that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give Dean at Mad Motorsports in Leduc a call as well to see what they recommend (780-986-6370). He runs Arctic Edge big bores which are built by Linderman in Crowsnest Pass (Google seach for nothing but good reviews). They're built and tuned for where we ride, not somewhere in the US where you're gonna get killed from the dollar exchange.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of these guys! I have got work done at Mad Motorsports and was very happy Deano does great work. I have only seen Chrisco's work in posts on here but they are some of the nicest pros I have seen. Sorry Deano but seeings it's a pro I would say Chrisco has an edge. Anything else I would go with Deano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohmz

Reaction score
sweet thx guys i'll be giving Chris a shout in the not to distand future.

Darrell D

Reaction score
I had Ken at Monster Works install the fix kit and a few other goodies on my 13 pro last year. Quality work at a reasonble price. With the few mods he did, I could definatly notice the extra power.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pros and cons?

pro:

big power when they are running good

con:

-high cost to build one right
-if it's not running 100% you might be frustrated with the sub par performance.
-if it's not running right you can easily waste a season trying to figure it out.
-if it's not running right you can easily spend lots of money trying to fix it.
-high cost to rebuild
-can be a stupid long wait for custom parts to come in
-if the manufacturer quits making the parts can become impossible to find
-you really should run better fuel which costs more
-itakes the sled unsuitable for beginners if your buddy ever wanted to borrow it for his boy
-your resale sucks on mods. Anything you put into it you will be very lucky to get much more than stock back

Right now mines sitting at PMS getting a new engine. It'll be the last big bore I own for many years if not ever.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the record I tried to talk you out of it!!!!! The performance just isn't there for the price.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of the Big Bore kits I've seen for the Pro's have been expensive for the hp your gaining. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but these kits are usually in the neighbourhood of $5000 by the time they are installed and working. If your main goal is gain some performance and reliability you should consider trading into a new Axys as you could probably do it for close to the same money.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the record I tried to talk you out of it!!!!! The performance just isn't there for the price.

Yes you did! I still have hopes that it'll be worth it. But after a summer of thinking about my last four years of poor running sleds I don't think it will be. i really hope it will be!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I never found the big bore kits to be worth the money, tried several over the years with buddies and they are a big money pit in my opinion. I have had really good luck with porting and headwork with the stock pistons, not quite as much power but usually super reliable. For the money spent on a big bore you are much further ahead with a turbo, my pro will kill a big bore hands down and it has the benefits of running crisper than stock, super reliable and I run pump gas all day long unless I wanna turn up the boost a little ha ha. If you are running a big bore you better get real familiar with your spark plug tools and gauges for the first trip or two, don't skip on fuel quality and if you are running a tuner box I hope they have it dialled in, but to be safe a spare set of pistons or two might be wise if you don't wanna be the parking lot poser, good luck!!!!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So glad Chris talked me out of doing a Big Bore. Like you said Paul, high compression and porting work real well. My motor has been great so far. Best 2600 ever!!

Ohmz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i dropped my sled off with Chris last week for a full mod mtntk kit. cant wait to get it back and get some white stuff on the ground !!!

Top Bottom