Need advice & pix !!!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i just finnished installing my tunnel extension on my apex and realized that i have forgotten to put the scratchers on. i have iceage 174 rails.....does anyone else have these and where are they putting their scratchers......im not real keen to drill holes till i get some input, and im leaving sat mornin for revy...... thanx for the help

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i just finnished installing my tunnel extension on my apex and realized that i have forgotten to put the scratchers on. I have iceage 174 rails.....does anyone else have these and where are they putting their scratchers......im not real keen to drill holes till i get some input, and im leaving sat mornin for revy...... Thanx for the help

we use the tunnel mounted scratchers.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey X,

If you have not bought scratchers yet, Alpine has some kick azz scratchers that mount on the front & bottom of your boards.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a set in my shop, no bigger, but im leaving pretty quick to go to revy, they wouldnt get here in time, got any pix of the tunnel mounted ones, im sure i can mod the ones i got to mount like that for the time being.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are not any other holes in the rails that you can mount them into?

If you remove one idler on the Cats you can use the same bolt hole for the scratchers - bolt size is identical.

The tunnel mounted ones will require you to drill the tunnel, and I don't know if you can change the rail mounted ones that much, you'd have to pull them pretty hard to get them up there.

I would just put a small 3/8" bolt in each ski for the hardpack and then take it out once you get up top in the soft stuff.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no there arnt any holes in the rails that i could mount em to.....id have to drill.

Top Bottom