Need advice on some Rubbers...

Qub3d

Reaction score
Now that I got your attention, I'm looking for advice on whether or not to buy rubber boots or just some hiking type boots for Quadding this spring / summer? Heck, even winter next year! They seem to be mild enough lately... Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Qub3d

Reaction score
I use those neopreme(sp) dunlop rubber boots for quadding. There light, comfy and keep your feet warm.

Where can I buy / look @ some? I was thinking of heading out to Marks Work Wearhouse tonight...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Where can I buy / look @ some? I was thinking of heading out to Marks Work Wearhouse tonight...

Marks Work Wearhouse does carry the dunlop lines as well as several others.

Probably your best bet for selection.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I use the rubber boots with the draw sting on top to make them tight against my leg so water doesn't go down them

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just when you think your not going to find mud or water you will end up with a boot full where we go i wear my $50 dollar hip waders Canadian tire they are like putting on a pair of rocks when its colder but you stay dry underneath

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I wear Thor waterproof riding pants and put them over top of my boots. Feet stay dry unless you go over the top of your pants which has been known to happen. I have wore hip waders in the past but always end up wet underneath from sweat cause they don't breathe well. I have also ended up on my arse in a creek and filled my hip waders and could barley move and what a time I had trying to get them off with water in them.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I wear Thor waterproof riding pants and put them over top of my boots. Feet stay dry unless you go over the top of your pants which has been known to happen. I have wore hip waders in the past but always end up wet underneath from sweat cause they don't breathe well. I have also ended up on my arse in a creek and filled my hip waders and could barley move and what a time I had trying to get them off with water in them.

now that would be a good video!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seriously.. hahaha i only laugh because ive done it too..

kneel to far and fill em up with water and your like a freaking hippo weight wise trying to waddle your way to shore before you get washed down stream.

hip waiters are the best tho for mudding imho. you can wash em off anywhere and jump off into any hole without worrying about getting leg gashes off roots and stuff because they are fairly tough as well.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it was kinnda like watching a beached whale. I almost had to cut the dang things off cause of the suction created on my feet. Not a pretty site I'll tell you.
Drill holes in the soles of the boots to let any water tnat may seep in drain out.:D

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to get a pair of insulted oneswhen its colder out but like everyone says dont fill them up been there seen it done it

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also use hip waiters from Canadian tire. To hot in the summer but you can stand in water up to your waist and cool off. I wear a very light pair of long underwear so your skin doesnt stick to the waiter because you do get a little sticky/sweaty on your legs. I sound gross but it works for many. Hey some people wrap their whole body in plastic to sweat off pounds I ride and have fun and loose inches at the same time. :confused:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The worst is when you"re in knee deep skag and you go to take a step and your boot slips off your foot and you lose balance and fall flat on your a$$

Top Bottom