Need advice. Damaged pipe

McLuvin

Reaction score
I know I've seen a post for this some where but can't find it. Anyhow my son ran into the back of my sled today and crushed the front bumper resulting a damaged pipe. Does anyone know if it is possible to expand the dent back out or is this something that a guy will have to take to Neil (NPP) in Edmonton? Maybe I should just look for another Aaen pipe for a 1990 Phazer. Any help is appreciated.

jer27

Reaction score
It depends how damaged the pipe is...but you can try filling it with water and plugging the ends, then putting it in the freezer (if you have one that is big enough or outside if it is cold enough). Good luck!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard filling with water, sealing ends and throwing in freezer will pop it out - do not take that as gospel without someone confirming.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard filling with water, sealing ends and throwing in freezer will pop it out - do not take that as gospel without someone confirming.
Not a good Ideal. The bent metal has become aneaded and is stronger than the rest on the metal. This method will result in a bulge else where. I would suggest that you take it to Neil.

McLuvin

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your advice. I've heard that H2O pressure can pop out the dents. Can anyone confirm?

kelwar

Reaction score
cap off both end and put a valve stem in one then fill full of air and heat dented area with a torch and it should pop out

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a small hole in the dented area, thread in a bolt/screw, heat the area with a torch, grab the screw with vise grips, pull the dent out and weld up the small hole.

Top Bottom