Need a SMOKIN' Deal On Tires

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for the best deal possible on 4 or 8 (depending on the deal) 35x12.5x20 Open Country MTs!

Help a sister out! Thanks guys!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

It's just that time of year, hubby's gotta reskin the trucks... I'm just not okay with paying 550+ a tire... :eek:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Check with Summitric, he may be able to help. Just for other info I was looking at Toyo Open Country's and after riding last weekend with them in my friends truck I totally changed my mind. I will get something that sticks to the road better.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A would agree, mud tires work well in mud.

They don't work on ice or wet pavement and they wear out real fast.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Wheels Plus they just opened 2 months ago and are looking to build the business. Just bought tires from them last week very good deal.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nitto mud grappler $515
nitto trail grappler $465
:d

Jeeze does that price come with lube? I am only paying $500 a tire for nitto mud grappler in a 38x15.50R20....I got a good deal but still.

I wonder why there is a difference anyway? Both kinds should be the same price within a few dollars.

OTD price on either of those shouldn't be more then $420 or your paying to much. Actually look on kijiji there is some deals.

Toyo's ain't cheap. I don't know if you've ran them but I have and I will NEVER run them again, they are by far the worst mud terrain i've ever seen, couldn't possibly be any worse in the snow.

Maybe i'm different, but I like mud terrains in the weather, on a snow filled road they are great. Not the best on ice, but most all terrains aren't either.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. These tires are for Kev's work trucks, so he does need MTs, as the Open Countrys are what he has always had on the trucks he is going to stick with em. They seem to work well for us, and they handle pretty well at really high speeds :)eek:)....

Too bad they are soooooo exepensive.... =(

RK when you do buy new tires, be careful... it's good to test a few of them out if your buddies have. One of Kevin's friends purchased some mud tires (can't remember the name to save my life), they were really loud and sounded like they were slapping the road? After 10 minutes in the truck i was ready to kill myself LOL

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
looking for the best deal possible on 4 or 8 (depending on the deal) 35x12.5x20 open country mts!

Help a sister out! Thanks guys!

you won't find them anywhere for under $500.00 each

what about a federal coragia m/t .......... Retails for $601.37, and on sale for $391.00 each..... These are load range e(10ply) as well.
Good looking tire for much less donaro.....

Attachments

• ...1.jpg
    ...1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 126

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ric,

I will ask the old man see what he says.... He is kind of stubborn LOL

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were probably nitto mud grapplers, they sound like a chopper. I love them, they are very aggressive but the traction is insane.

Toyo's aren't cheap. Honestly though, I think most people will tell you they aren't worth the money. There are many other tires with somewhat similar tread patterns and proform better for a lot less money. Like cooper discovery SST.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

It's just that time of year, hubby's gotta reskin the trucks... I'm just not okay with paying 550+ a tire... :eek:

I checked with a friend who owns a tire shop and $550 per tire installed would be a good price. Balancing that tire may not be possible at all shops.

Your other option to avoid such costly tires is to downsize to something more common.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks ric,

i will ask the old man see what he says.... He is kind of stubborn lol

let him be stubborn then........ Let's see........$2200.00 for for open country m/t's

or

$1684.00 for the federal m/t's............. $516.00 difference(would make a nice x-mas present for his bride)..... Just sayin'

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother in law has 35s by 22" rims........cal tire wanted like $3500 for 4. he got 4 shipped from Arizona this last spring for $2200 shipped to his door. they are nitto terra grapplers.

if you want to see expensive tires price out some 37s with 24" rims they are like $700 a tire

Top Bottom