Need a hand from the girls on this

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gf is 6' tall and our motorfist dealer isn't carrying the empress line so I have no way to test fit the gear with her, do any of you have an idea of what size she'll need? She's 160lbs, has naturally wide shoulders, and we both are at the gym everyday so she's pretty muscular. We may get lucky and hit the show in Edmonton and solve this otherwise I'm SOL and I refuse to spend a million on klim but want her to have good gear as this will be her first season and being warm/dry/comfortable is a pretty big part of enjoying the sport especially new, thanks for any help

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I find one of the biggest problems about buying clothing is it doesn’t seem like there is any standard in witch these clothing company’s follow. As was the case with my snowcheck jacket, My normal fall storm teck jacket is an xl so I figured the Polaris one would be smaller an ordered a 2xl I can’t even come close to getting it over my Buddha belly (LOL) it seems as if companies are doing some kind of vanity sizing and it real makes it hard to buy something without being able to try it on first.

Best of luck to you and the GF.

Boostmonkey

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found a few ski jackets and she liked one but the empress is what she wants and I love my Motorfist gear so I'm pretty well just listening, way easier than arguing;) thanks for the quick replies, hopefully we make the show it'll be a lot easier than guessing

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no help with sizing, but Momma might be able to...they deal in Motorfist at Main Jet.
There will be MF gear at the show...and I think we need to meet your new riding gal...if you're at the show, bring her by The betties booth so we can meet her and get her stoked to ride :D

MFGuy on here too can probably help you out with comparable sizing to the Empress jacket. Don't go to ski gear IMO, it's good, but not as good as sled gear...stick with Motorfist or Klim for dry, comfortable gear...don't take that chance on a newbie rider :) If she's cold, wet or uncomfortable...she may go home and not look back. Hahaha.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no help with sizing, but Momma might be able to...they deal in Motorfist at Main Jet.
There will be MF gear at the show...and I think we need to meet your new riding gal...if you're at the show, bring her by The betties booth so we can meet her and get her stoked to ride :D

MFGuy on here too can probably help you out with comparable sizing to the Empress jacket. Don't go to ski gear IMO, it's good, but not as good as sled gear...stick with Motorfist or Klim for dry, comfortable gear...don't take that chance on a newbie rider :) If she's cold, wet or uncomfortable...she may go home and not look back. Hahaha.
definitely bring her by the Bettie's booth, she's only come out once and had fun but nervous she's holding me back when we went, you girls can explain the learning curve to her as I tried and maybe she will retain it hahaha, until she's pumped on the sport and asking me to go riding there's no reason to push, I read all the girls write ups last year in preparation for teaching her this season:)

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do make sure you can get easy acess so you can nail her on her sled in the mountains!!!
The funny thing is if everyone knew you're only chirpin cause becoming a dad just before season will limit your mountain time and you're wishing it upon me, I called your every move before it happebed so I'm making sure the payback takes awhile haha, now go finish your roof or come gimme a hand with this relic M8's ill supply beer

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 2xl for the Jacket and XL for the empress bibs would be perfect. I hope you can make it to the show!! We'd love to meet both of you.
Absolutely bring her to meet us!! If we can give her some love, encouragement and reassurance it would be our pleasure.

Have an awesome day!!

Trish :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gf is 6' tall and our motorfist dealer isn't carrying the empress line so I have no way to test fit the gear with her, do any of you have an idea of what size she'll need? She's 160lbs, has naturally wide shoulders, and we both are at the gym everyday so she's pretty muscular. We may get lucky and hit the show in Edmonton and solve this otherwise I'm SOL and I refuse to spend a million on klim but want her to have good gear as this will be her first season and being warm/dry/comfortable is a pretty big part of enjoying the sport especially new, thanks for any help

WE are a motorfist dealer and will be carrying the empress line. Would be glad to help you out. We are located in mcbride and can easily ship.

Top Bottom