need a fun game to get new guys to use their beacon

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motivate them more, bury the beacon with their truck keys attached to it.

holy crap batman, effective and to the point. no wonder your the mod. i am so unworthy. hehe

Sweet_1

Reaction score
ya, no one can practice enough. ast 1 is only a tool, not the solution. mountain riding is a continual learning process. we are learning all the time.
If you don't use it, you lose it. For instance, You could show me how to pack a parachute. and if I don't pack it on my own ALOT of times to practice I wont remember.
So practice makes perfect and making it a fun game isn't so bad.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set up a beacon wars pratice course at sled events.
Doesn't matter if its on the parries or in the mountians.

Have some one burry 3 or 4 or however many beacons in the trees, feild, meadow, where ever. & burry them at different depths.

Set up two teams of 4 and time them. See who recuses all the beacons the quickest.

Use different style beacons, so guys can find ones that work best for them.

These Beacon wars would be great sales pitches for suppliers.

Set them up at poker rallys, toy rides, club fun runs. Get the whole family involved.

Like I said earlier when Sherwood Park had a club they did stuff like that. and it was role played a bit. One guy went to burry the beacons. the scenerio was given to us how the hill looked. so when we got there nobody ran across the imaginary avalance with their sleds. The guy would that barried the beacons would come back, and he would play shocked. He keep spouting their was a slide, people were burried but kept giving different number as to how many were burried. (as one could do in a state of shock).

Burring more then one beacon taught us to always always always check for anyone else that could have been burried.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your group plays together in the offseason as well take your beacons once in a while and keep your skills honed year round.
Not much chance for probing but beacon hunting still works,

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have a fun way to get guys to practice there beacon skills. find the beer in the snow? it needs to be fair for new guys and those with "experience".

maybe have everyone put $10 into the beer fund, and new guys have to find beacon in less than 4 minutes or no beer until they can. experienced guys put $10 into bucket and have 2 minutes or no beer. maybe ask who has beacon experience first.

tried the parking lot thing this weekend and found one beacon not working properly.

Yes one of my beacons is glitchy, would anyone know of a local reputable service shop for these beacons????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell them Rowdy is 1st prize......

loser gets a date with Richard....

good idea and i hear she can't run very fast (broken leg). maybe throw the beacon and she gets to run until the beacon is found and she is caught. my luck her plaid clad neighbours would show up again. oh my god. here we go again , not the friggin roof.

or maybe jet, she was lookin and may not run anyway. hehe

K

Kavaleen

not every area has a beacon basin,

these guys seem to think it will come to them when the situation arises.

Hmmm.... if that is what you are hanging your hat on I would get a new hat rack! Just sayin "GET A COURSE"..... Not hard to do there are many people putting them on and still some available for the last of the season.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... if that is what you are hanging your hat on I would get a new hat rack! Just sayin "GET A COURSE"..... Not hard to do there are many people putting them on and still some available for the last of the season.

hmm yes ultimately you are right, not likely to happen as new riders just won't take the time or spend the money if they don't like the sledding. shheeet i've seen guys show up with those cheap army shovels and ice cream pail lids. i let them go first.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the AST1..........and I'm still an azzhole...

shheeet i remember ya giving me shheeet a few years ago because ya didn't need ast 1. man we came a long way. proud to know ya and no i'm not yer daddy. shheeesh, i'm so messed up. hehe:D

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the "holier than thou" attitude on the site drives me bananas. The guy is looking for a way to get his buddies to practice using their gear.

I m with you. Practice is practice whether theres beer involved or not. If some peeps here dont like beer than thats their problem

Top Bottom