Neck Brace

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
What would you like to know? If your going to use one for sledding then I suggest fitting the Enduro style. The MX and Snow cross style are mainly built for really high impact and restrict you mobilility quite a bit laterally. The ATV and Enduro seem to give you a bit more flexibility. And let you see a bit more from side to side. They are a Vital part of gear in my opinion, especially if your a hard core throttle junkie. I hate the thought of having someone else wiping my ass for the rest of my life or worse.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll never ride dirtbike without my Leatt brace on. I didnt really like it at first, but I got used to it after a couple laps. Ive had mine for about 4 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.stewart

Reaction score
I use a leatt adventure 2, goes over top your gear, when i am out riding it does keep your head in place does not allow helmet to move much to look behind you have to turn body sideways

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started wearing one this season for DH MTB, could not possibly imagine not wearing one now. They are a vital piece in my safety gear arsenal.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Leatt Brace for this season to wear. Also, I believe if I was ever involved in an avy it would probably help prevent neck injuries, but I might just be speculating on that. I haven't worn it yet, and was kind of worried about it limiting my mobility but I tried on all my gear and was able to have perfect range of motion to see. But once again, we will see when I'm actually on the hill.

I'm sure I'll get some stares and people making fun of me for wearing it but fawk them. I've broken my back and sprained my neck now so I think I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I got the Leatt SNX Pilot brace just in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

WopOnTour

Reaction score
While not mandatory equipment, YET .
Most all oval sled racers wear a LEATT brace (in combination with upper body armour which IS mandatory)
WOT

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We wear for MX racing, once you get used to it, they really don't interfere with mobility.

Have witnessed a chap going head first into a pile of dirt, everyone though we'd be scraping him off the pile.....three hours later, he's back from the hospital, sore as hell there was bruising the shape of the brace on his shoulders and chest....he had a broken collar bone, and a cracked rib.....his brace was also cracked in two places and his helmet was destroyed...but he was walking and talking....

We don't or haven't worn them sledding, but we don't ride as aggressively...something to think about.....

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon we will have to fill out a FLHA to go sleding in the mountains.

In some ways we do. I toke the avalanche course last year and the training we got was pretty much the way you do a FLHA, you take a looke at the hazard and try to stay away from the area that would be most affected, you dig a snow pit so you know what kind of layers there is and how many there are... if this all make sense.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
really a neck brace for sledding??? why???
my riding style is "airtime over hillclimb" . A neck brace may not be a necessity for some trail riders or just casual back country users but its nice to know you have some added protection when you pull the trigger off a 20 foot plus drop. I've broke the hood of my sled more than once with my helmet. Thats "why" I wear one.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a brace after a potentially nasty cash at a local riding area, Ive thought of one for a while as I have now three herniated discs in my neck so any impact is almost deadly. So for some they can be benfical.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about getting one as well. I believe everyone should be wearing knee braces over neck braces case thats more of a common injury.

Vets07

Reaction score
went on there website. i like the idea of the neckbrace

but have been telling myself for a long time i need to start wearing upper body protection (hadlebars/deadfall in the chest dont feel good) has anyone wore there airfit body vest looks very non intrusive kinda like an undershirt.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the Leatt GPX. Haven't used it yet, no friggin new snow. But recovering from a broken neck, hopefully it will do it's job and save me some injury when I crash again. From the fitting though, seems I will be wearing it on the outside of my jacket.

Top Bottom