Nascar

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I know is there is finally going to be a 1st time champion crowned. i'll pick Hamlin for the hell of it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think its great for the sport. One guy winning all the time isn't bringing new viewers to the sport.

adrift

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what channel on Sunday is the race on with Shaw, and a friend wants to know about Telus?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the race this weekend is better than last. Thats 4 hours in the high 80's watching Harvick stink up the show. Congrats to him for doing what he needed to do to move on. Waiting for Tom to comment on Newman's "move" on Larson in the last corner???? He did what he had to do IMO, just like Keselowski did at Texas. Funny Harvick tried to intimidate Logano at todays press conference in Miami. Would hjave been believable if he was a 2 time champ like his owner was back in 2011 when he did the same thing to Edwards. Should be a fun watch on Sunday. Must watch TV.
I loved Ryan Newmans move, good hard racing. He had the ability to pull it off unlike the Blue Douche.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the races in phoenix last weekend and managed to get in the winners circle with Brad that's me on his second right was a pretty cool experience uploadfromtaptalk1415885056500.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved Ryan Newmans move, good hard racing. He had the ability to pull it off unlike the Blue Douche.
Do you watch or read any Nascar programming other than the race? Newman remarked after the race that he was not proud of what he did and hoped Larsen would understand why he did it. He used Larsen's 4 wheels and car to make the corner. Harvick, Johnson, Kenseth and 99% of the Nascar media all feel Keselowski did nothing wrong on the track at Texas. There was a hole and he went for it. Gordon tried to shut the door. What the drivers have an issue with is Keselowski will not acknowledge them after the race. He just turns his back on them and that is what pizzes them off they say. It was nice to see Gordon finally take his helmet off for a confrontation though. He must must feel no one can hear him when he has it on?:rolleyes:

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the other hand if i was the #2 car i would not have tried to force the issue at that moment i would not have risked my chances. the hole was simply not big enough. but thats me :p maybe that's why i keep getting runner up in my series lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the other hand if i was the #2 car i would not have tried to force the issue at that moment i would not have risked my chances. the hole was simply not big enough. but thats me :p maybe that's why i keep getting runner up in my series lol
Watching the video and with the stakes in the game I would have gone for it too but I can still be pissed off about it cause now it means my driver is out lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching the video and with the stakes in the game I would have gone for it too but I can still be pissed off about it cause now it means my driver is out lol.
That says a lot right there Bnorth. I remember when Brad dumped Edwards at the finish line at Talladega a few years back. I would have shot that little fawker at the time. When I look back at the video now I see Carl coming down on Brad to protect his position. That didn't work out to well for Carl as he ended up in the catch fence. You can't blame Brad for going to the hole. Gordon and Johnson don't pay his wages and don't sponsor his car. Its every man for himself out there in big league stock car racing. The Gordon guys need to get the blinders off like Bnorth.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you watch or read any Nascar programming other than the race? Newman remarked after the race that he was not proud of what he did and hoped Larsen would understand why he did it. He used Larsen's 4 wheels and car to make the corner. Harvick, Johnson, Kenseth and 99% of the Nascar media all feel Keselowski did nothing wrong on the track at Texas. There was a hole and he went for it. Gordon tried to shut the door. What the drivers have an issue with is Keselowski will not acknowledge them after the race. He just turns his back on them and that is what pizzes them off they say. It was nice to see Gordon finally take his helmet off for a confrontation though. He must must feel no one can hear him when he has it on?:rolleyes:
You might want to go back and think on things, I labeled Brad the Blue Douche long before the Gordon incident, the thing with him is trouble always follows him. He is a douche bag on the track, willing to stick his nose in and cause others problems but runs whining like a little girl when somebody gets to close to him. You cant have it both ways.

I watched the Newman situation and listened to lots of national coverage, sirius subscriber, and listened to Ryan Newman interviewed at least 3 times. He handled it with class, he was making a run for it, got beside Larson and did what he had to do. How many times this season has he wrecked somebody? How many times has the blue douche. By the way, I couldnt give a crap what happens to Gordon, never been a fan of his, the blue douche on the other hand is an idiot. By the way, didnt Newman say Larson did the exact thing to him at Eldora a year or two ago? I seem to remember Newman saying they were even now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to go back and think on things, I labeled Brad the Blue Douche long before the Gordon incident, the thing with him is trouble always follows him. He is a douche bag on the track, willing to stick his nose in and cause others problems but runs whining like a little girl when somebody gets to close to him. You cant have it both ways.

I watched the Newman situation and listened to lots of national coverage, sirius subscriber, and listened to Ryan Newman interviewed at least 3 times. He handled it with class, he was making a run for it, got beside Larson and did what he had to do. How many times this season has he wrecked somebody? How many times has the blue douche. By the way, I couldnt give a crap what happens to Gordon, never been a fan of his, the blue douche on the other hand is an idiot. By the way, didnt Newman say Larson did the exact thing to him at Eldora a year or two ago? I seem to remember Newman saying they were even now.
Ryan Newman is one of the biggest hammerheads in the sport. All the drivers say he is the most difficult to pass and never will cut a break to a fellow driver. He will also retaliate with the best of them. I am in no way sticking up for Brad for the way he drives as I tend to admire the guys that drive or drove with respect. Jarrett, Martin, Labonte, Kenseth, Johnson and Edwards. But I will say one thing about the kid, next to Kyle Busch, who I absolutely detest, he is the best sheer talent in Sprint Cup right now. Drivers like them make you pay attention everytime there is a green white checkered on the line and they are trolling near the front.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First practice results are in from Homestead. Here is how the top 10 shook out: 2-4-10-20-42-41-24-48-31-18

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The starting grid is set for the big showdown on Sunday. Here are the top 10 starters: 24-41-20-2-4-15-18-11-22-78. Notable Ryan Newman will start 21st. Should be a great race. Everyone will be chasing Harvick once again.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The starting grid is set for the big showdown on Sunday. Here are the top 10 starters: 24-41-20-2-4-15-18-11-22-78. Notable Ryan Newman will start 21st. Should be a great race. Everyone will be chasing Harvick once again.
Where does danica start? I see she was quick in final practice

Top Bottom