Nascar

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any I Racing this weekend or is Easter sacraligious?

I have not seen anything yet.

Easter had no live races on the schedule so I imagine no.

Probably on the work benches making Covid Kids

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope he gets fined

NASCAR investigating ‘insensitive language’ used by Kyle Larson

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope he gets fined

NASCAR investigating ‘insensitive language’ used by Kyle Larson

Fined? I think he pooched his career. Already talk that main sponsor McDonalds is going to pull out. He could end up losing his ride at Ganassi over this one. How long before NASCAR tells all drivers no more eracing?

Going to be lots of spin doctors working on this one.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Earlier Monday, Chip Ganassi Racing announced that it suspended Larson without pay, stating: “We are extremely disappointed by what Kyle said last night during an iRacing Event. The words that he chose to use are offensive and unacceptable. As of this moment we are suspending Kyle without pay while we work through this situation with all appropriate parties.”

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its crazy that he made a silly mistake like that when they live on mic's all their lives...

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, Probably lost million dollar contract

this was the last year of his deal, was touted as the best free agent driver going into next season, you might want to had an "s" to that million

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was the last year of his deal, was touted as the best free agent driver going into next season, you might want to had an "s" to that million

No sponsor will want him now

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol I'm just thinking about this another way, imagine if he was saying tons of ****ed up stuff since they weren't responding for some time.... perfect timing, the mic kicks back in... honest mistake, its like all of the conference calls when you push "mute" and really tell it like it is to your team, then "unmute" and agree with the other idiots

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Credit One Bank and McDonald’s both announced Monday that they are terminating sponsorship of Kyle Larson for using a racial slur during an iRacing event Sunday night.

Credit One Bank said in a statement: “As stated earlier, Credit One Bank denounces the highly offensive language used by Kyle Larson during Sunday’s iRacing event. In addition to the quick actions taken by NASCAR and Chip Ganassi Racing, Credit One Bank is terminating its sponsorship of Kyle Larson.”

Credit One Bank was the sponsor of Larson’s car in the Daytona 500 and the following weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Credit One sponsored Larson’s car in 18 of 36 Cup points races in 2019.

McDonald’s said in a statement: “We were extremely disappointed and appalled to hear about this incident. The comments made by Kyle Larson are insensitive, offensive and not reflective of our inclusive values and will not be tolerated. McDonald’s is taking immediate action to terminate the relationship with Larson.”

McDonald’s sponsored Larson’s car at Auto Club Speedway and Phoenix Raceway this season. McDonald’s sponsored Larson’s car in 10 of 36 Cup points races in 2019.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is wild. One mistake albeit a horrible one and his career could be finished. Bubba lost a sponsor as well earlier. Maybe the team owners will crack down and stop the E Racing for fear of what can happen.

Top Bottom