Nascar

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great finish seeing Harv win. What's the deal with him and last minute wins? Why can't he just go out and dominate start to finish????

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

He got it done is all that matters! Lol
It was starting to look like Edwards was going to do it as he was checking out...outta gas! Lol

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey nascar heads..what tracks are in California? Are there any races around late march and April (no idea their season range). Want to take my little guy to a race and get in the pits etc!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent finish....atta boy Harvick!!
Edwards running out of gas was the best part!
What was that team thinking? LOL
Better to roll the dice for a win than come in late for gas and finish tail end of the lead lap? He had nothing to lose. Ballsy move by Fennig. To bad Harvick won. Sitting in Victory lane with his fake smile thanking Childress for a great car. He wouldn't be in racing if Childress hasn't taken a chance on him 12 years ago.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey nascar heads..what tracks are in California? Are there any races around late march and April (no idea their season range). Want to take my little guy to a race and get in the pits etc!
better to take the little guy to Vegas. Better race, probably cheaper flights and better fan experience for a pit type experience. Both races are in early spring. Fontana is your only option for Cali as Sonoma is mid summer.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it was a gutsy move and he was hauling azz.I thought he had it.
Harvick if I remember correctly was recommended to Childress by Earnhardt Sr.
He's not one of my favourites but he does drive a Chevy!
I'm a Chevrolet guy...
Wish I was there it was a good race.
Looking like Johnson is going to get another championship...:)

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better to take the little guy to Vegas. Better race, probably cheaper flights and better fan experience for a pit type experience. Both races are in early spring. Fontana is your only option for Cali as Sonoma is mid summer.

Thanks Snopro. Taking the family to do the Disney thing in the spring, but going to hang around for a few weeks. Doesn't necessarily have to be nascar...even drift, Grand Prix etc. loves race cars of all kinds lol. Thanks for the tip.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it was a gutsy move and he was hauling azz.I thought he had it.
Harvick if I remember correctly was recommended to Childress by Earnhardt Sr.
He's not one of my favourites but he does drive a Chevy!
I'm a Chevrolet guy...
Wish I was there it was a good race.
Looking like Johnson is going to get another championship...:)
yeah I was on Edwards radio all race down here. That was there strategy and it almost worked. Fennig figured he had enough to go the distance especially with the late caution. It wasn't meant to be. Looks like its JJ's to lose now. And I'm a Ford guy. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First practice in Homestead is now over after a brief rain shower and here is your fast 10: 56-5-27-15-78-17-24-18-11-22.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other news for finale weekend is Nascar is considering adding the current Sprint Cup Champion to the voting panel for the Hall of Fame for next year. Also Joey Logano is engaged. Bahaha.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other news for finale weekend is Nascar is considering adding the current Sprint Cup Champion to the voting panel for the Hall of Fame for next year. Also Joey Logano is engaged. Bahaha.

How was the trip? Where's all the pic's? I've been hoping to see some gooders :beer: :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the trip? Where's all the pic's? I've been hoping to see some gooders :beer: :)
I'm hoping Slayermike has some Woody. I unfortunately am post picture challenged on this site. Lol. It was a good time though. Very hot on Saturday but we got some cloud cover on Sunday and it was quite liveable in the stands. It was hard to see my guy running away with the race at the end and then running out of fuel with a lap left.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenseth on the pole tonight. The rest of the top 10 qualifiers are Rhodesie's 78 car, 22-2-11-29-48-56-17-55.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrible news about Trevor Bayne this week as he was diagnosed with MS. Although its not a death sentence it is sad to see someone with that much potential get diagnosed with a dehabilitating disease such as that. He is upbeat and going to race as long as he can and has the full support of the Woods Bros. and Jack Roush.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Final final practice for the race and the season is over now. Here is your fast 5: 20-48-2-56-29. Looks like a battle Royale with all 3 cup contenders fast for the race. Go Matt!

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Final final practice for the race and the season is over now. Here is your fast 5: 20-48-2-56-29. Looks like a battle Royale with all 3 cup contenders fast for the race. Go Matt!

long, long shot, I will predict JJ will run conservative and finish around 12th - really i think the only chance that anyone has is that JJ does something stupid which can happen but not likely.

sad deal for Trevor Bayne, such a decent young man. Not related to Nascar but heard that Dario Franchitti is done racing with the injuries sustained in that horrific accident - at least he got Ashley back (for now)

anyone hear anymore about Tony Stewart? last i heard he got an infection is his wound - not good.

Top Bottom