Narrow panel and board kit for XM

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The diamond s hood looks way better in person than it does in pictures. I was tempted to buy one last winter but since I ride at night a lot I really don't want to delete my headlights haha, plus I don't want the extra noise either.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen the Diamond S hood in person. I dont like it.

I ride at night lots, not just down the trail either. Im talking in the trees...haha

You need a Helmet light to do that any ways. The light on ur hood will be useless if the snow is any good.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the mountain fit hood better, except for the air box and intake they use. I'm tempted to buy one without the intake and run a turbo sock outside the hood but then everyone would think I was riding a seriously slow turbo lol

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the mountain fit hood better, except for the air box and intake they use. I'm tempted to buy one without the intake and run a turbo sock outside the hood but then everyone would think I was riding a seriously slow turbo lol

Haha....Ive thought the same thing!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 haha. After reading this, I think Im going to Mod my stock hood. Head light delete and build my own light weight intake.

Demon700

Reaction score
I like dukes thinking. If no one is having issues with running the intake like Diamonds S has, just remove the factory airbox and keep the factory hood. Probaly lose a cheap and easy 5-8lbs by getting rid of that factory air box.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like dukes thinking. If no one is having issues with running the intake like Diamonds S has, just remove the factory airbox and keep the factory hood. Probaly lose a cheap and easy 5-8lbs by getting rid of that factory air box.
the air box is the support assembly for the hood. as soon as you pull the air box it becomes a floppy noodle. you will need to build brackets, or get some from a turbo manufacturer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need some support for the Gauges and glovebox part. Im thinking about getting rid of that part all together and getting a pieces made to close that all in.

Or I might just get a different hood. Either way the stock air box and lights got to go.

Top Bottom