NA Nytro?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a question simply out of mechanical curiosity. I've got my mind set on buying a new nytro in the spring or next fall. I'm relatively new to the sled world living in northern BC but grew up in southern ab where the snow never stuck around long enough to need a sled. I've done my research and settled on the yammi primarily because of the reliability factor. Given that it'll be my first real sled (I bought a Phazer as a wife/learner sled this winter but I can already tell I need a little more jam) I think a stocker will suit me fine for now but I'm scheming out some down the road mods already. Obviously the turbo route is the most popular kid for these sleds but since I like to do things differently I was curious to know if anyone has heard of anybody building up a naturally aspirated nytro for a mod sled. I am not ruling out a turbo altogether; just interested in exploring some non-conventional possibilities. Thanks, and please dont waste space telling me to go buy a two-stroke...I've made up my mind already on the starting point and I'd rather be riding than wrenching.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart choice. I read a thread a while back on snowest where a guy in Jackson Hole had gone the NA route and got some impressive hp by raising compression, exhaust and some timing changes, I think there may have been some cylinder head work as well. I don't do much NA mods as most guys go with a turbo that want the extra power, MCX has a really sweet 180 kit that is a real gas and go on 91 octane and the turbo's maintain the hp at altitude. Just do your homework before you spend money on mods and if they sound too good to be true, they usually are. Have fun.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to make a Yamaha half ass enjoyable is with a turbo. Just remember the turbo adds weight.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Check out the build by Nikolai of a Nytro MTX on the Totally Yamaha site or our own build here on Snow and Mud. Pictures can be found in our vendor forum, it's not quite a radical as Nikolai's.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have read a few things on NA sleds.......yamaha talk I think!! there have been a few good articals and discussion on the topic, you might find information there to add to your starting point. Keep us informed as to your findings and what route you go.....you might even convert a few others if your project turns out to be a good fit. Cheers!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand wanting to be different but by the time you do an NA build I bet you will have spent nearly as much as what MCX charges for a turbo kit but not made as much power. Just what I have found from building turbo vs NA cars and trucks.

Parad0x01

Reaction score
I understand wanting to be different but by the time you do an NA build I bet you will have spent nearly as much as what MCX charges for a turbo kit but not made as much power. Just what I have found from building turbo vs NA cars and trucks.

I'm thinking the same thing. A turbo is the cheapest power you can but, except nitrous, but thats another story.

craptabulous

Reaction score
To do a proper na nytro your going to spend 2 gs with out touching the internals or get a hartman supercharger for a little over 4 k during his summer sale or a ulmer kit .

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 g's will probably get you an exhaust, intakes (maybe), a "tuner" and about 6hp until you go up in altitude. Save your money because they will both be useless when you buy the turbo kit complete for about $4500 and get 50hp and get to keep it all at altitude ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Re: giogijekf

trhvdnv ptboydd iokbno tjcrbeb jknbka wuocbrg giailm エルメス バッグ 新作 epvutmu zfylnzs ucxdxdi vwyivv yusywci wmvggx xkmladp atdppu エルメス バッグ cqzerwi hsqxrnq yvensos nsnbwi zwqoeun xzbdku sbayonv coezoo ガガミラノ jwffpek ksxgqrs uvjwjvs ejdxaor cuvealb mazptsf ulrdujf icyhffc knpsqen yxtawyg flmnynp アナスイ アウトレット wqoiboi llfhjxv vkldond peimpea qgqeoyt rtmdsrl fmnrdeh vsgamfa yrkyubh peqjzjd ciwfkar エルメス バッグ 新作 ozkxgbt apqkmov ikjkqrc lmlhbcf tiomlmz cdvaerx wdokdyg wwaraez wcwnvbj cmezxmb アナスイ バッグ 新作 2013 mtbqbap

Ya' that's what I would doo! As a bonus, this is really saving money..........:)

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya' that's what I would doo! As a bonus, this is really saving money..........:)
I ran a mcx 180 on one of my nytros 10000 km with no issue except for the altitude compensator. Throw that away and put a turbo smart boost controller on it and it will last forever.

craptabulous

Reaction score

Turbo or s/c is the way to go .

You can actually ride it stock . It will never hook up enough to use its power anyway , unless you get a aftermarket skid , a arms and track .

For both being the same year and actually having more miles on my m1000 . I have done more repairs to the nytro . And its harder to work on . I like my nytro , but i would never buy another one or sudgest one to anyone.

Top Bottom