Myth Busters Needed Lol

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Can a guy revive a fridge out of a camper by putting it upside down and shakin the sheeeet out of it.

Emerald%20park%20RV%20on%20roof%20light_0.jpg

Just be careful of breaking the roof vents

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Did he say anything about having them upside down?
He just said to put it in the back of a truck and take it down a good bumpy gravel road... I think he also meant upside down etc is fine. I made my old fridge work just by beating on the cooling parts with a hammer for a while. I thought it might do similar, and the fridge did work afterwards fairly good... not perfect, but it was okay

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a hold of Issler RV, stand up guy, great work, good prices.
Only guy I take the motor home to when chit breaks.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know an old rv mechanic says they used to get 3 or 4 of the old fridges and put em in a truck box and go out for a rip in a field somewhere(rough terrain and let 'em bounce around for a bit... He said about 80% would work again... Food for thought
on a side note.... remove all beer first...don't ask how I know..lol

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RV fridges are absorption refrigerators....no moving parts. Heat up ammonia and it circulates. Freon units need a compressor. If you smell ammonia, the cooling unit is done.
I haven't smelt an ammonia.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. It is now two weekends from the experiment. I had beer on hand but someone (perhaps wisely) did not send an address where we could drink beer and observe the progress. All the beer purchased for this project has been consumed but I am wondering how it went. Did the burping work?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been turning it upside down a few times over the past two weeks and it still doesn't seem to work so I think it's HOOOOPED. Thanks for the input Guys.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it is kind of a cheat really - Sun come up this morning? Now that calls for a beer. Always fun to enjoy a brew or two when an experiment is being conducted.

Top Bottom