Myth Busters Needed Lol

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can a guy revive a fridge out of a camper by putting it upside down and shakin the sheeeet out of it.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try first is clean the propane nozzle so the flame is blue

run for 24 hrs on coldest setting

if that don't work then turn it up-side down for 24 hrs and then up-right for 24 hrs then relight propane on high

no worky after that there is always the cement truck thingy

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple of tips- if the refrigerator has been working, and it suddenly stop cooling, turn it off for one to two hours, re-level the RV, and turn it back on. Sometimes the flow of ammonia can become "vapor locked", and turning it off will allow the pressures to equalize (the old method was called "burping", and consisted of taking the refrigerator out of the coach and turning it upside down.. newer models- built since the early 1980's, do not need this, nor will it help).

http://bryantrv.com/reefer.html

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well despite Dave's well researched advice, I say turn it upside down. No need to remove it from the camper really. Take some pics please:)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I know an old rv mechanic says they used to get 3 or 4 of the old fridges and put em in a truck box and go out for a rip in a field somewhere(rough terrain and let 'em bounce around for a bit... He said about 80% would work again... Food for thought

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know an old rv mechanic says they used to get 3 or 4 of the old fridges and put em in a truck box and go out for a rip in a field somewhere(rough terrain and let 'em bounce around for a bit... He said about 80% would work again... Food for thought
Well there will only be one fridge so maybe someone should take it for a ride upside down in a SBS (the fridge upside down not the SBS). It is in a vintage airstream so it may just be of an age the turning it over just might work. Those are cool trailers.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he say anything about having them upside down?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there will only be one fridge so maybe someone should take it for a ride upside down in a SBS (the fridge upside down not the SBS). It is in a vintage airstream so it may just be of an age the turning it over just might work. Those are cool trailers.
Heavier than a brick ****house Though

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavier than a brick ****house Though
Wouldn't have guessed that but most were made in the days where they were built to last not like the rice paper we get now. What is the make and year of the fridge?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have guessed that but most were made in the days where they were built to last not like the rice paper we get now. What is the make and year of the fridge?
Looks like a Dometic RM 2800 Prod.#9267231 Serial #617 0532 Trailer is a 69 so I wouldn't think this is original fridge.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Domeic RM 2800 Prod.#9267231 Serial #617 0532 Trailer is a 69 so I wouldn't think this is original fridge.
Hard to say on the age as that model looks like it has been around for a long time. Some interesting articles on classic Winnebago site. Looks like the burping process takes several days. Good news it works...according to the Internet anyway :)

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the propane nozzle is dirty not enough heat to make fridge work 'check it clean it'

this has work for me, living in old chitty campers my employer supplied

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the propane nozzle is dirty not enough heat to make fridge work 'check it clean it'

this has work for me, living in old chitty campers my employer supplied
I have it out of the trailer so just using 110 for now

Top Bottom