Myrnam Cabin Burnt Down!!!

Nadz

Reaction score
:theCabin::realmad: Friday night, Feb 19/10 a very special landmark was burnt to the ground! This cabin was built by the community 23 years ago. It had a lot of character. Anyone who has ever been there will understand why I feel this great loss. We're not sure what started the fire. All I can say is, it didn't start at the wood stove. I am not going to jump to conclusions right now, but we all know how this usually turns out. A lot of good people put a lot of pride and hard work into that place, it's a shame that it had to end in a fire. When you are at this spot, it feels so remote and relaxing. It made you feel like you were away from everything.
A plus to all of this is... I'm glad that the whole forest didn't go up in flames!!!
:thumbsdownm:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Time to build a new cabin. Dont let a fire stop from building a new cabin. Should be community support from the loss of the old cabin.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats too bad i really did like that cabin had alot of character and was in a real nice location.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always a real shame but I agree, a spot like that ought to have another cabin there. :cool:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has to be vandalism at its best I hope the cops can investigate this and find the culprits. any signs of sleds or quad that were there. Have to re build it great spot

Nadz

Reaction score
No doubt about it! A new cabin will be standing in its place this summer. Cops are still investigating. We have great community support here. Pics to come soon.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great news Catch the loosers how stupid can they be digital camera should be set up in the bush same one hunters use maybe a good idea to install them.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the new one will not be a tin pop up shed like all they other cabins going up now a days. The North cabin was built with parts of old building which gave history and character to it. I would hope the community does the same again to keep history rolling. Maybe just rebuild it to the way it was minus the hack job of the lean too addition which looked out of place and wasnt even finished to the rest of the cabin and NOT needed.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the new one will not be a tin pop up shed like all they other cabins going up now a days. The North cabin was built with parts of old building which gave history and character to it. I would hope the community does the same again to keep history rolling. Maybe just rebuild it to the way it was minus the hack job of the lean too addition which looked out of place and wasnt even finished to the rest of the cabin and NOT needed.

sounds like you need to go and help them rebuild:)

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope that the RCMP catch the little ba$!ards. Tazer em in the nadds.
I have been out to Myrnam to the vintage rides, and the boys and gals do a great job. Give em a hand to rebuild!

Nadz

Reaction score
Just an update!!! The fire inspector said that the cause of the fire was an "UNDETERMINED CAUSE"! All we can do now, is clean up whats left and make the decisions on the re-building. I sure hope we can all agree on something & get along...

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this reminds me of a few days ago!!! our stupid neighbor had a campfire in a windstorm during a fireban!!!! and the his forest next door!! caught fire in the middel of the night..................idiots.

Nadz

Reaction score
:woohoo1: Myrnam Cabin is ready for use once again!!
We built a new modernized cabin by the river. It's not in the exact place due to land issues... But never the less, it is one of the nicest non-log cabins I have have seen, built in the middle of nowhere. We also built new trails and widened & cleaned up the existing trails.
I'm goin sledding down there today... so I will be posting pics soon!

Top Bottom