My snowcheck was stolen from dealer lot

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at rainy creek the other day and they had a rmk not a pro in their showroom didn't have a sold sign on it

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at rainy creek the other day and they had a rmk not a pro in their showroom didn't have a sold sign on it

Yup thanks, my dealer has std RMK's in Stock too. Problem is, outside of snowcheck the std is not available in 163. Std RMK snowcheck 163 could be impossible to find at this point. They say they are searching, but I will be calling every dealer in western canada to search as well.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they rode it out, just follow the tracks. In a few miles you should find it. J/k. That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it all works out for you, That's a huge pi$$off when you save all summer and expect what you ordered and then some lazy low life steals it.

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
Oh.... I'm paying for it through a separate bank loan. I just haven't taken delivery yet so fully the dealers problem. I just won't get my snowcheck LE

Why would you be paying for it through a separate loan, did you already pay the dealership for the sled?

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I chose to give my business to my local bank who treat me well. I payed the dealership with a certified cheque from my bank on payment deadline day. My sled had just arrived at that point and would not be built for weeks to come.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss, the sad part is I don't think they'll ever be caught, the cops are almost overwhelmed with traffic accidents never mind the dozens of thefts everyday, leaving the thieves to run rampant.

But as said before I would take as close of a Pro as you can get to your RMK and ask for a sweet deal on a 16 when the new chassis and motor will hopefully be out.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, all I can do is see how it works out for now. It drives me insane though... my 13 pro was stolen last Feb, I'm sick of losing my stuff to low life's.

DPike

Reaction score
Worst case scenario could be to make a deal that you take one of their floor models and ride it for the yr with an agreed to trade in value and then snow check a 2016. Crappy deal...

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't want to try and arrange future deals because who knows what can happen between now and then. The manager also wants to finalize/solve this asap.

In a way, I feel bad for the guy.... anything he does to make me happy above the actual invoice price of the sled is surely coming out of his pockets as insurance just doesn't cover the "extras" that came with the spring ordered sled. But it sure sucks for me to get something less valuable than what I ordered. Both him and I will lose over this.
He has set aside an in season 163 Pro for me, and is looking into the golden ticket, and shock upgrade, he will install e start and provide me with the storage I was supposed to get. Hopefully Polaris HQ will honor the golden ticket and I can get the shocks or be reimbursed for the difference.

I had bought 19/46 gearing that I can no longer use so if anyone is interested, PM me an offer.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are lucky if your dealer is going to find you another sled. If you paid for it, it's your sled and your insurance should cover it. I don't think your dealer should have to replace what is not theirs. I wouldn't complain too much about what they give you in replacement because technically they don have to give you anything.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't poo just build you another one? I just got one a week ago...

Polaris HQ says no, their responsibility ended when the dealership took possession of the crate. They don't want anything to do with it.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are lucky if your dealer is going to find you another sled. If you paid for it, it's your sled and your insurance should cover it. I don't think your dealer should have to replace what is not theirs. I wouldn't complain too much about what they give you in replacement because technically they don have to give you anything.
I did not sign paperwork and take possession of the sled, still their responsibility until I do

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris HQ says no, their responsibility ended when the dealership took possession of the crate. They don't want anything to do with it.

Shocking, Polaris corporate doesn't give a flying f$ck about their customers. Good on the dealer for trying to make it right though.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once the dealer takes delivery it is theirs.....Polaris can't be held responsible if stuff gets stolen from the dealers compound...its really chitty deal that your sled is gone but its up to the dealer and their insurance to make things right....you are lucky that you bought from Gaudin's, they will do their best to make you happy...I know other dealers that would just give you your money back

Last edited:

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Negotiations are still ongoing with the manager of the dealership... I will update when have more info. I believe the outcome should be public knowledge whether positive or negative. I have made some demands as to what will make me "happy", the ball is now in his court.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are many LE 163's on kijiji at dealers right now. I pointed this out and I'm waiting to hear back on the next offer in line eith this. he would have to purchase it as far as I can tell, I don't think there are any "transfers".

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may have mentioned this before but I know my former dealer had an elaborate security system which while expensive is needed.

Top Bottom