My Pay Pal got Hacked

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My freaken paypal got hacked or something today, two transactions sent to some random one for 300 and one for 600. Keep an eye on your emails boys and girls, if it wasnt for getting a email on my iphone, i would of not seen it for a few weeks at least. sent in a resolution and also contacted my bank. what a pain in the azzzzzzz.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paypal just called me and is resolving it. should be taken care of today. its not really paypals fault, someone hacked me or something. time to change passwords. dammit

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For that reason I dont buy from places like Ebay or use paypal. I've heard some people will link credit card or a preloaded credit card that can be reloaded... any way the only have money on the card when they buy or sell something. That way if their acct is scammed either it is declined because of insufficient funds and or it easily dsiputed with the credit card co. And for that reason they never link their bank acct to paypal because less than scrupulous buyer will contest a transaction after he receives product and then paypal will remove the money from your acct to reimburse the buyer. With no acct or money in acct they cant undo the transaction.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pretty leary about PayPal too but it seems everyone else uses it without issue. I haven't won a bid yet, LoL

So they E.Mail you when a charge goes through ?

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and PayPal are still at war. I use to do website hosting and had people pay with PayPal and some anonymous to me person said I was collecting funds for hosting pirated material and without any investigation and allowing me to prove I wasn't PayPal just closed my account. I had already seen this coming because I saw had other people on forums who had the same thing happen so I transferred all the money out. Because the account was at 0$ and I still had a CC on file they charged the CC with the refunds to 5 people for web hosting without them even complaining about me. I phoned Visa to fight them and Visa wouldn't do anything because PayPal is not a licensed bank. If you read there TOS they say in there they are not a licensed bank. I will never use PayPal again and tell people not to. It's unfortunate they don't have more competition, it seems they have marketed right and most people have only heard of PayPal not the others so allot of ecommerce sites just use them because it's easy and cheap to setup. They got me for almost 200$ so I'm still pissed at them lol. Glad to see they helped you out.

Top Bottom