My Kool Deck! Yes on a 150 lol!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well peterbuilt always in the shop gives me the chance too get stuff done! Was going too through this old deck out but needed weight in the back of the truck so decided to customize it too haul a sled again and improvise the weight(300 lbs ) Tucks away nice, a little more paint and some superglides and it's done, when folded out ramp tucks away underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you run it over the scales and confirm the numbers against your door stickers?

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least it's for a single sled, I just drove through spar wood to before fernie and there was a old old truck 2 sleds on a sled deck, I'm sure the ratings where not high back then, lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm completely legal even with my trailer hooked up with two sleds in it, the deck is for a third sled or solo trips, I needed some weight as well , back end was pretty slippery on snow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm completely legal even with my trailer hooked up with two sleds in it, the deck is for a third sled or solo trips, I needed some weight as well , back end was pretty slippery on snow.

Hey this issue is serious enough on this forum that we either require the numbers or a seal of approval from Tex78. Come on Lyle, better get with it.... lol

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I promise I won't put a sled on it,it is consider a large sandbag from now on haha

Last edited:
Reactions: LID

Denali881

Reaction score
nah.. just throw airbags on it and call it good. those increase your GCVWRXYZ'3 right? right? i heard that from a guy who knows a guy that works at JB's.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
BTW, that is a cool deck idea for one sled. Just a word from an experienced dude; you might want to put a small lip along the sides to keep the skis where they belong and there is a fantastic guy on here that sells SuperGlides that would keep the skis straight and work so much better than those two little slats.

f2b6ab321aeb3e0358bd218e3c33a84b.jpg

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx Doug, I just finished putting superglides on it, go a little paint too touch up, add one 2x4 across the bottom too reduce pressure on the tailgate and done like dinner! I had it on my other truck but wouldn't fold so I could close the tailgate when not in use.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTW, that is a cool deck idea for one sled. Just a word from an experienced dude; you might want to put a small lip along the sides to keep the skis where they belong and there is a fantastic guy on here that sells SuperGlides that would keep the skis straight and work so much better than those two little slats.

The front of that truck box is gonna take a beating too. Might wanna do something about that.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a rubber strip across the front, hardly a scratch in my other truck. The rubber circles you see when folded also protect the tailgate and it sits on a f-150 rubber box floormat... I'm protected

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Box mat

Top Bottom