My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many hours a day can a truck sit charging like that before it becomes unprofitable? And the evidence comes out about how the supercharging stations slow way down when multiple vehicles are using them at the same time. Cool to see that the technology of electric drivetrains can be scaled up to a medium duty truck, but just like the cars, the battery technology is the choke point.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many hours a day can a truck sit charging like that before it becomes unprofitable? And the evidence comes out about how the supercharging stations slow way down when multiple vehicles are using them at the same time. Cool to see that the technology of electric drivetrains can be scaled up to a medium duty truck, but just like the cars, the battery technology is the choke point.

Also the electricity distribution system is a choke point.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rolling some coal...

15c7e9da1e907c5ae5bc96757b99640c.jpg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said once it only took you 7 minutes to charge at the Tesla station....why so long at this one?

Depends... I had the nav set to go to my house but I had some running around in Calgary so I charged a bit extra. It was completely unnecessary though because it’s 18 degrees and I’m back to my summer range.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much mining has been done in small artisanal mining operations, sometimes known as Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM).[7] These small-scale mines were unregulated,[8] with high levels of child labor and workplace injury. Today, larger mining companies and non-for-profit organisations are addressing these complex issues and are continuously adopting international guidance and initiatives that helps set up regulations on a community to community basis with government support and involvement. A number of initiatives are the ESG ( Environmental, Social and Governance) and IRMA (Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance). One such globally recognised certification is the 3T iTSCi, the only widely implemented and accepted mineral traceability and due diligence system in the region for the 3T minerals – Tin, Tantalum and Tungsten, an internationally recognised certification for responsible mining and traceability under the 2010 Dodd-Frank Act. Today four central African countries including the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) provides legitimate and ethical 3T minerals. ITSCI is the only industry initiative with standards 100% aligned with the OECD Guidance Much has been done in the last 15 years, providing artisanal and small-scale miners a support network through iTSCi, to build the foundations and regulate the industry, it also offers safety to the community participants and miners, education and training, safe practices, human rights, protection to the environment for sustainable practices and manage the social aspect.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard on the news that the Alberta govt(Alberta Innovates) is doing studies on getting lithium out of oil wells... Apparently its a real thing, and Alberta has a huge abundance of lithium?

Lithium carbonate has been found in the brine (produced water) from oil and gas wells in a few different formations in the province.

E3 Metals seems to be the furthest along with this and has setup a development and testing facility in Calgary.

https://www.e3metalscorp.com/projects

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this would be a better option for those that choose to drive home drunk from the bar...

Still not legal, but probably an improvement.

I think we are 2 more years away from hopping in the backseat and having the car take you home. Also for some reason autopilot worked on a gravel road yesterday... kind of.

https://youtu.be/XK-0Rttg_DU

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are 2 more years away from hopping in the backseat and having the car take you home. Also for some reason autopilot worked on a gravel road yesterday... kind of.

https://youtu.be/XK-0Rttg_DU

Driving back from Edmonton today, I can tell you , we need more driverless cars !! What a gong show, bunch of freaking idiots on the highway.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving back from Edmonton today, I can tell you , we need more driverless cars !! What a gong show, bunch of freaking idiots on the highway.

I agree. The number of people I see texting while ping-ponging between lane lines is not okay. Calgary to Edmonton on autopilot is really good. You still have to pay attention and hold the wheel, but having the car maintain a safe follow distance always, be perfectly in the middle of the lane, and automatically pass slower vehicles is a major stress reducer.

Top Bottom