My buddy needs a sled...And advice

snobyrd

Reaction score
So how u figure the xp is the worst mountain chassis
brp admitted this season in a article after they signed Brent , that pol and cat domanated in the agility dept, and with signing Bret and goin with a t motion and shorter rods in thier track, that they would be more competive in that dept, so it was nice to c that after all the past years that brp made all these class leading ads that they ate thier words, the new XM is defently a step in the rite direction. All the m8s were good, just in 10 they got more power , in 2010 they were #1 in sales and since 2011 till now it's been pol pro.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a low price for a 2010 M8 Most peeps are asking 8- 10 Gs for one. Was it in good shape or beat on

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice thing about the older cats for new guys is reliability and durability I can guarantee you run my M into a tree at 60km and run a doo or a poo into same tree at same speed you have a better chance of riding the M out and maybe for the rest of the day
Just because you've had the practice?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My suggestion: buy the newest machine with the lowest mileage he can afford. The 05-06 Rev is a good sled, but so is the 07-09 M8's. Both are capable sleds, the M8 being the superior off trail sled.Being that he wants to trail ride the machine around home, the Rev would honestly be a better choice, as it has better trail manners. As far as track length is concerned, 162's are too damn long for a trail sled (hence why crossovers have 141" or shorter.) Horsepower will be very similar between the two machines, but in the deep the M-series will shine brighter then the REV. I know you want your buddy to have a great time, but it is best if he choses his own machine - if he ends up hating it. Just a humble opinion from an old fart that has owned both sleds - brand loyalists flame away...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely a Poo guy, but depending on price range, I would suggest an '06 Rev (best year IMHO) or an '09-10 M8. Both are easy to ride and should be a reasonably price used. If he's thinking new, all the new sleds are great. What's his favourite flavour ? Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ?

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

I'm with this guy. Solid machines. Either a 159 Doo or a 16x Cat would be my advice.

SledKitten

Reaction score
Is borrowing (if he's respectful & dilligent enough) or renting different sleds an option to see what things he may like from sled to sled? That way it could get him testing out what he likes, getting some ride time in thru different snow conditions, and he can then shop around come spring or summer when the deals are out there.

Top Bottom