my 2011 e-tec engine problems again. is there a lemon law in bc?

sledxp

Reaction score
a friend was telling me that there is a lemon law for sleds under warranty that keep coming back to the shop again and again. i looked for it but couldn't find anything. i am not going for minor things either, last time new injectors and computer, reids and worked mint for few rides and back to the sputter again
now who is going to pack down all the powder thats falling since my doo is in the shop again, phuk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend was telling me that there is a lemon law for sleds under warranty that keep coming back to the shop again and again. i looked for it but couldn't find anything. i am not going for minor things either, last time new injectors and computer, reids and worked mint for few rides and back to the sputter again
now who is going to pack down all the powder thats falling since my doo is in the shop again, phuk

What are the symptoms exactly? Does it run on one cylinder at times?

sent from a phone

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if there was lemon law for sleds, guys with the 07-10 800 dragons that have had multi engine put in......would not be so mad.....if you find out more about this......please do tell more! lol

Braaap

Reaction score
Interested to hear more about this to. My 2011 E-tec often sputters/cuts out for a second mid throttle and when first starting out when I punch it. Its fine on the low and high ends just the middle is off?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear more about this to. My 2011 E-tec often sputters/cuts out for a second mid throttle and when first starting out when I punch it. Its fine on the low and high ends just the middle is off?

For whatever reason, that's normal. I've changed clutching, and exhaust and it still does it.

sent from a phone

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a mbrp can on my 2011 exec and it hasn't sputtered once even going up the trail to renshaw.... But my handle bar warmer did quit working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get your exhaust ported..your probably running rich..if you take it off and look i bet its black and gooey...not brownish like it should be

Last edited:

sledxp

Reaction score
well it was a easy fix this time. i tried a spacer for the can sensor but the sensor fell out of the spacer threads and Phu*ed it self. so the shop paid for it since they sold me the sensor spacer.
time to pack that powder down

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only quebec has a 30 day lemoon law.

they have a law for everything

mooning smiley.gif

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they're all junk. You just get lucky or don't. Always seems to be something every year with any given manufacturer........

glensts

Reaction score
Not sure what your problem is but sounds exactly like my 2011 800 etec. after WOT and drop to 3/4 throttle it would sputter around 6200 rpm, even shutting down for a split second. This caused major troubles when carving hard if you dropped throttle and it would stop quickly then keep moving. Almost hit windshield.
After many trips to shop with lots of changes we were able to correct it. It seems like any the WTO seemed to be an issue. I clickered it down so that 7900 was max rpm (was getting 8100 to 8200) and the problem seemed to disappear. Now the pin weight had to be changed because the clickers wouldn't let it go low enough.
Amazingly this almost totally cured the problem. Now with the MBRP can I had it seemed like it may have been worse than with the factory exhaust. Either way it seemed to be cured.
NOw I have a 2012 this year, I just finished break in a while ago and have 400 miles on it. Does not sputter, works great. Love it and am happy with it. Changed the exhaust and put the MBRP can on yesterday and went for a ride. Damn thing sputtered at WOT throttle to 3/4 throttle at the 6200 rpm again, same as my 2011. I pulled the can back off.
All in all I think the issue here is the exhaust probe. It picks up heat or something poor in the can and at higher throttle causing a mapping issue. Would love to bypass it to see but not sure of the particulars on it.
Sold my 2011 but I know where it is so would be nice to see if its working for him still too.

Last edited:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lemon law in California for automobiles. 3 times in to the dealer for the same thing and you can opt out. I believe they have to buy your vehicle back from you for what you paid for it. Of course there is red tape to go through to prove it all and get a court judgement first...

Top Bottom