MY 13 PRO RMK Plugs

ken.gee

Reaction score
I've always used the NGK BPR9ES as recommended by the manual for my 2013 Pro RMK 800, but it appears as though I've run out. I do however still have a stock of NGK GR9A-EG plugs that are recommended for the MY 12 machines, and I have a couple of champion plugs (I believe they are the RN57YCC). There are a ton of similar threads about this all over the interwebs, but they're usually about using the BPR's in the MY12 sleds. I want to use the old plugs (GR9's) in my sled if possible as I have a trip coming up and won't have time to pick any up.

Anybody doing this? Should I switch to the champions instead, or just make a serious effort to grab some correct plugs?

Thanks!

ken.gee

Reaction score
The gr9's will work fine, still the same heat range.
So all the emails from NGK reps that people are posting where they talk about the plugs being indexed incorrectly is just NGK trying to not go over polaris and other oem recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
If you have any doubts just make the effort to get the iridium plugs as mentioned earlier, they work great and last forever. Been running them in my 13 pro for the last 1200 miles and ran them in my 11 pro for over 3000 miles, never a single problem.

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
The main difference with the gr9 plug is that is has a copper core to help stop fouling but like I said same heat range,same length,14 mm threads you can run it no prob just won't last as long as an iridium plug. Gap it and go ride.

ken.gee

Reaction score
Awesome information guys, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom